PDA

View Full Version : 93 GTC ?s

midohiomoparsource
12-27-2005, 10:20 AM
I just got a 93 GTC convertible for my wife to drive around in. It is a 3.0 v6
A604. Very clean car for its age, but has some minor issues.
First off, there is a green light above the temp gauge that is lit up, what the heck is it for?? It goes off if you turn the headlights off. The car doesn't have fog lights as they never came with them.

The temp gauge doesn't work, but that may be the sending unit as it doesn't overheat or anything.
Do the factory CD players play CDR/RW??
Drivers seat is full power, but the wings don't work, seat moves all directions by the door switch, but the wings on the seat switch dont work at all.
Thats about all I can think of right now.

I need the following if I can find them reasonable:

Both doors, mainly drivers as the car is white and this door is red, passenger is banged up slightly and if I can find one cheap enough, then I will change it, otherwise I will just fix it.
Rear 1/4 window motors, passenger moves down/up but very very slow, drivers doesn't budge.
Drivers door panel, dark grey leather with full power.
Owners manual
Trunk struts to hold trunk up.
Front bumper cover, the lower one if cheap, mine is cracked but ok, just looks goofy.

Matt

denviola
12-27-2005, 01:15 PM
I have a 95 lxi vert (wife's car), so I may be of assistance.
The light on the dash is an indicator that your headlights are on, since the parking lights are on a different switch. Odd that it has different switches, but it is what it is.
I read your other post about water on the floor.
First inspect the rear glass for leakage around it. It has a zipper so the glass can be lowered separately. The top fabric should be somewhat sealed to the glass, especially at the bottom of the glass but this is not critical if your drains work.
Second, get into the back seat and look into the top well (top must be up). See if the drains are clogged, try to pour a little water inside and see if it drains under the car. Unclog as necessary. If there are tears to the well cover, repair them.
Third, open the trunk and look at the top well, you may have to remove a piece of trim. Make sure it has no rips or tears and if you can see the drain tubes coming from the corners of the well, make sure they are connected.
Last if no other indications, get into the car (and the trunk as well) while someone runs water from the hose. This may be time consuming, especially if you need to remove the rear seat to complete your inspection. Hopefully this is a last resort.
Regards.

inmyshadow
12-27-2005, 01:23 PM
My local junkyard has two really nice lebarons. On is a 91 2.5TI black, black leather, powerseat. The other is 95 3.0 in meduim gray, gray interior. and the top was left down. If you really need parts let me know. Its getting cold around here to spend alot of time tearing a car apart. Plus both cars are up to their bumpers in snow.

I'd just try and see if the CD player plays burned disks. Odds are it will play CDRs, but I would bet on CDRWs to work. If a CDR doesn't work, it could also be that brand of disc too.

I just got a 93 GTC convertible for my wife to drive around in. It is a 3.0 v6
A604. Very clean car for its age, but has some minor issues.
First off, there is a green light above the temp gauge that is lit up, what the heck is it for?? It goes off if you turn the headlights off. The car doesn't have fog lights as they never came with them.

The temp gauge doesn't work, but that may be the sending unit as it doesn't overheat or anything.
Do the factory CD players play CDR/RW??
Drivers seat is full power, but the wings don't work, seat moves all directions by the door switch, but the wings on the seat switch dont work at all.
Thats about all I can think of right now.

I need the following if I can find them reasonable:

Both doors, mainly drivers as the car is white and this door is red, passenger is banged up slightly and if I can find one cheap enough, then I will change it, otherwise I will just fix it.
Rear 1/4 window motors, passenger moves down/up but very very slow, drivers doesn't budge.
Drivers door panel, dark grey leather with full power.
Owners manual
Trunk struts to hold trunk up.
Front bumper cover, the lower one if cheap, mine is cracked but ok, just looks goofy.

Matt

midohiomoparsource
12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
The cd player won't play cdrs or store bought cds.
It only shows "track 0" and that is it. It loads/unloads fine, just won't do anything after that.

I will spend some time when it warms up a little on the top, those are some great detailed directions. I will save them and check into it.
Thanks,

I do need some parts James, I will send a PM and go from there.

Matt

SteveReject
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Post some Pics!!! Autozone or whatever should have your trunk lift supports, I replaced mine when I bought my GTC cause I was tired of using a broken yardstick forholding my trunk open. :)

-Steve Reject

1992 Chrysler Lebaron GTC (http://www.cardomain.com/id/1992lebarongtc)
K&N Cold Air Intake, 15* Ignition Timing, 52mm Throttle Body, 2.5" catback, MSD Coil,Taylor 8mm wires, NGK Plugs, HD Trans Cooler, Aluminum Radiator, A-Spec Strut Tower Bar, Falken ZE-512 205/55/16