PDA

View Full Version : EGT reading..

Turbo_Rampage
05-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey, I just installed my Auto Meter EGT gauge today in the #4 runner (about 1" from the cylinder head) and i have a few questions about my EGT reading.. When i fire it up it goes to 900* in about 30 seconds and stays their even at operating temp which is good, right? Now when i am on the highway at about 100Km's its at 1200* to 1250* and when i go to WOT it hovers between 1100* to 1200* (it was about 60*F out if that makes any difference) Does this sound like its running at a good temp? My plugs are a nice brown/tan colour.

Heres the mods that are done to my motor in my Rampage.

86 T1 Log motor:
-Fully rebuilt motor with T2 rods (5000KMs on it)
-K&N cone filter
-MP logic module
-MP #803 injectors
-88TBI cam
-TU turbo w quick spool option
-2 1/2" exhaust
-New fuel pump, filter and lines
-EGR valve removed (solenoid still plugged in so it doesnt pull a code)
-Timing 10*
-NTK 02 sensor
-Fuel pressure set at 60PSI static

Thanks, Randy

cordes
05-07-2006, 10:00 PM
FP should be 55PSI static. If you are running stock boost, that is what I would lower it to. Your WOT EGTs are a little cool by most peoples standards. Most shoot for 1450ish. WOT.

The rest is very normal.

Turbo_Rampage
05-08-2006, 01:02 AM
FP should be 55PSI static. If you are running stock boost, that is what I would lower it to. Your WOT EGTs are a little cool by most peoples standards. Most shoot for 1450ish. WOT.

The rest is very normal.

Thanks for the reply! I think i will leave it at 60PSI static to be on the safe side. (i set the FP at 60PSI because it was running a bit lean before) It also still gets awesome gas milege, and pulls hard at WOT. I am running 11lbs boost, but when it gets over 10PSI in 5th gear at 120Kms it starts to creep up to 13lbs, and i dont want it to lean out. (stupid log intake:banghead:) I am waiting for my AEM Wideband gauge to come in the mail. That should tell me a little more on whats going on in the air/fuel ratio,:eyebrows:

Thanks