PDA

View Full Version : Spongey Brakes!!!

jre97
05-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Ok I'm working on an 88 sundance for Tonyz2897. We just got done putting an 89 2.5 in it because the 2.2 had a rod hammering. Drove it around for about a day and the brakes were dragging bad enough to hold itself on a hill with the clutch in. It needed front pads and rotors. Put those on and the brakes wouldn't pump up so we changed the front rubber lines and bled the brakes. Still no help so we put a master cylinder on it, bench beld it and the whole nine, bled the wheels. Still no help so we pulled the rear drums cleaned everything up and freed the adjusters put it bake together and adjusted the brakes back up. Still no help. I'm at a loss, anyone got any Ideas whats wrong with this thing?

jre97
05-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I noticed alot of flex in the front calipers. It has the single pin calipers. Is that normal?

looneytuner
05-07-2006, 08:15 PM
New pads ARE a little spongy at first. Take it by a mechanic and ask them for an opinion so lyou don't accidently run into the back of his wife while she is driving the kids to school.
CarX has really great people working in the St. Louis area if there are any around you.

jre97
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
It's really spongey like 3/4 to the floor bad. I think the sold us a bad remaned master cylinder at the parts store.