PDA

View Full Version : crankshaft pulley HELP

Mike_Shepard
05-06-2006, 10:12 PM
My 89 2.2 CB crankshaft pulley needs replaced but now I find out that I need some extra special tool to take it off. Does anyone know if Auto zone or someone rents these?

My problem
My Crank,W/P,Alt belt squeels really bad and after looking it has rolled up on the outside closest to the wheel when I spray WD-40 on it it'll go away till it wears off, Then I noticed that the crank pulley has probably 1/8th to 1/4 inch travel (im guessing this is causeing the belt to roll) so I get out the pulley puller and start to work some majik (Ha) POS wont some off so before I go further I come here to find out I need a special tool.

Has anyone experianced this before ? or have alternative suggestions

Thanks Mike

supercrackerbox
05-06-2006, 10:27 PM
The pulley that the accessory belts are on, or the sprocket for the timing belt?

The pulley should come off with removing the five bolts, the sprocket you do need the tool.

Mike_Shepard
05-06-2006, 11:55 PM
It's just the drive belt that goes around the crank, alt and W/P pulley its a serp belt the timeing and P/S belt are fine. I was thinking when the 5 bolts plus the bigger one in the middle that they would just kinda fall off So I got my rubber mallet out and gave it a couple hits but didnt wanna hurt anything

tryingbe
05-07-2006, 12:23 AM
You don't touch the middle bolt, just the 5.

Middle bolt holds the timing sprocket.

supercrackerbox
05-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I'd say if you need to swap the pulley anyway, get those five bolts out and go to town with your mallet. PM me your address, I've got an extra pulley I can ship you if you need it.

mo' parts
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
mike, cracka's on the money. remove those 5 bolts and get a bigger mallet, LOL
i also have a spare pulley, i believe, if cracka doesnt:)