PDA

View Full Version : 89 Turbo Spirit, many new parts & engine!

Tim
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I decided to try selling my 1989 2.2 Turbo Spirit. This was a 2.5 Turbo car, but I built a new 2.2 for it. I've had the car for just under 2-1/2 years and 50,000 miles. It has 154K on the body, MUCH LESS on the whole drivetrain!:eek:

Let's see, where do I start...

Body is almost entirely RUST FREE, there's a small hole or 2 starting in the spare tire well in the trunk.:thumb:

Engine - 1986 2.2 Turbo. Stock Garrett turbo with very little shaft play. Stock compressor wheel, and I added a 2-1/2" swingvalve and new O2 sensor. Head is a mildly ported 782, with all the sharp edges rounded off in the combustion chambers to eliminate detonation. Rings, seals, and bearings type rebuild, stock bore, cast pistons. New timing belt and MP head gasket, new head bolts. Fully ported exhaust manifold. 1989 Turbo roller cam with square tooth sprockets, centerlined at 115 degrees. This ma' RUNS!:D I've had it up over 115 mph a few times already! Stock T2 radiator / intercooler / hoses / airbox assembly. 2-1/2" exhaust system, no cat, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. I have the stock cat and downpipe if you want it for emissions testing purposes. It's running on a 1988 2.2 Turbo 1 SMEC.

3,200 miles on the new engine! Cost about $500.00, between parts and machine shop work, plus buying the engine for $100.00 from a local junkyard.

Wanna see a video of the engine rebuild? Go to my website ( www.loudmouthtim.com ) and watch episodes 124, 125, and 126. "More Auto Repair", parts 1, 2, and 3. Everything was shown in complete, if not excruciating and anal-retentive, detail.

Transmission - 413 Torqueflite. I rebuilt it 1-1/2 years and 35,000 miles ago. Some valve body mods, a few screws turned here and there. 4 disc clutches, clearances set on the tight side, new seals, thrust washers, torque converter, etc. Shifts good and hard with no aftermarket shift kit, stock shift pattern.

Fuel pump - Walbro 255, 1-1/2 years old. Accufab adjustable FPR from TU, same age. Currently running 27# injectors on 55 psi. Good to 15 psi boost on the Dawes Device.

Heater core - replaced 1-1/2 years ago.

Intercooler / radiator - NEW radiator, custom built 2 row recore in the T2 radiator / intercooler assembly. Looks like stock, cools the engine easily. $190.00 back in February 2006.

NEW - power steering pump, lines, and steering rack assembly. $160.00 back in March 2006.

NEW front tires, less than 2000 miles on them. $121.00
Rear tires have about 20,000 miles on them, with easily 20,000 miles more to go. I aligned the rear suspension with the MP shim kit, and just tuned the front alignment as well. Yes, I can do that.

Rear window defogger works.

This is an A/C & cruise control car. That all works, except the A/C compressor is shot, because I didn't add the special PAG oil when I switched it to R134 refrigerant. I have another A/C compressor that works that will go with the car.

Asking price is $1850.00. I've put over $1000.00 into this thing in the past few months, so if you want a solid, reliable, fast, dependable car that you can race around in for a long time, this is it!

Does the wife want a 4 door for the kids and you want a Turbo car? This is the solution!

AND --- as an extra special bonus, if you aren't in the Pittsburgh, PA area, I will drive the car to you for delivery, ANYWHERE in the continental United States (maybe eastern Canada too), IF you pay all my travel costs and a plane ride home.

Do I want to trade for another TD? I don't know. I wouldn't mind having a Turbo 5 speed car, like a Charger or K-body Lebaron 2 door, preferably Turbo, of course! The cash will do me a whole lot more good. I'm getting sick in the head right now, thinking of how much work I've done this past winter, and now I might sell it.:(

The car has an AutoMeter boost gauge and Dawes Device. I was thinking of keeping the Dawes, but it just depends on what sort of purchase price it ends of going for.

SEE PHOTOS AT -- http://www.loudmouthtim.com/spirit.htm

Email me at loudmouthtim@hotmail.com with your phone number and any offers.

Tim
05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
I added a 3-1/2 minute video to the web page.

Aside from selling the car for cash only, I might be interested in a cash&trade for an '85 & up Charger. Of course, a Turbo and stick shift is preferred, but let me know what you have. I can always convert it over. But at extra cost, which will have to be made up for.

Tim
05-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Still available.

ptdon
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Tim nice video of a nice car good work .