05-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Received the setup today and have begun installation. Sweet setup! :eyebrows:

mcsvt
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Interesting. Seems like a decent price :thumb:

Chris Faulk
05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Interesting. Seems like a decent price :thumb:

$280 if you get that nifty little square display. I'm in for the long-haul...man lotta stuff to install in tight spaces!

GLHS592
05-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm torn between the Innovate and the Zeitronix.

Chris Faulk
05-09-2006, 08:08 PM

The deciding factors for me were price and function. The Zeitronix ZT-2 is $399 base, but can do everything in one package (which I ended up not needing). That ends up around $500+.

The Innovate LC-1 can do everything I *need* it to do at $280. These things are what made up my mind.

Chris Faulk
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Pictures...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/go-to73/1991%20Spirit%20RT/d91fafe4.jpg

Here's the size of the controller compared to the sensor. Small!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/go-to73/1991%20Spirit%20RT/9e78cb88.jpg

inmyshadow
05-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm using the LM-1 I bought off a local turbododger. Gave me a deal I couldn't pass up.

I have it setup outputting to my Autometer A/F gauge. I can't wait to pick up the RPM cable. Logging boost, a/f in the rpm band would be sweet.

Chris Faulk
05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm using the LM-1 I bought off a local turbododger. Gave me a deal I couldn't pass up.

I have it setup outputting to my Autometer A/F gauge. I can't wait to pick up the RPM cable. Logging boost, a/f in the rpm band would be sweet.

Deals are a good thing! :thumb:

The LC-1 can output 2 channels to a laptop, but I won't likely need that. I'm never gonna be far from stock with my car.

Chris Faulk
05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey anybody know how to extract the 5 wires from the 02 sensor plug? I need to fit the wires through a small hole and need to get the wires out of the plug, run through the hole, and then re-inserted.

I can't see in the holes well enough to see what the *catch* looks like.

Chris Faulk
05-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok, well I'm finally all done with the install.

Everything functions as expected and I will report back with AFR readings after I flog on the car a bit. :eyebrows:

Will Martin
05-14-2006, 09:49 PM
You know....I've had one of these for a while now but have not had the chance to install it in my car. One of the neat things I liked about it was the fact you're able to use your narrow band Autometer guage. I'll eventually end up getting the guage you have Chris. Let us know how it goes.

Chris Faulk
05-14-2006, 10:31 PM
You know....I've had one of these for a while now but have not had the chance to install it in my car. One of the neat things I liked about it was the fact you're able to use your narrow band Autometer guage. I'll eventually end up getting the guage you have Chris. Let us know how it goes.

Bro your Omni is sweet! Very clean installation. :thumb:

I bought the LC-1 for function and price...it's expandable so I'm good there. The small rectangle display is VERY nice. You can stick that little guy anywhere you want. Scroll up a bit and you'll see where I put mine. Not to mention it comes in 3 colors. LCD with blue or green backlight, or red LED. I ended up with the red LED as it's much brighter. I finally finished it up tonight and love it so far!

Will Martin
05-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the compliment! :D I'm still waiting for my FWDP fuel rail (stock on is leaking on #4) and my TU cal. VNT cal pulls timing too much.

Yeah, I hear you on the display, that'll be my next purchase. I'll probably end up selling my Autometer C2 guage anyway. Of course I'll get the blue LCD to match my car. :eyebrows: Have you been able to tune your A/F tables to your liking at WOT?

Ground Rat
05-15-2006, 01:09 AM

Me too. I leaning towards Zeitronix though because it does more. I prefer analog gauges, but oh well.

Chris Faulk
05-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the compliment! :D I'm still waiting for my FWDP fuel rail (stock on is leaking on #4) and my TU cal. VNT cal pulls timing too much.

You're welcome. I'm the kinda person that doesn't mind spending the *long-dollar* the first time...and it seems you are too. :thumb:

Yeah, I hear you on the display, that'll be my next purchase. I'll probably end up selling my Autometer C2 guage anyway. Of course I'll get the blue LCD to match my car. :eyebrows: Have you been able to tune your A/F tables to your liking at WOT?

That's what I like about DynoTune Nitrous...they offer a lot of display options. Well a friend is helping me do the tune. At this point he's doing the work and I'm watching/learning. So far he's only changed the fan schedule, rev limit upped a little, cold boost at 11psi instead of 8psi, and warm boost is 14.5psi instead of 11psi. He also upped the overboost limit to like 17-18psi. Lastly we have the cruise control limit increased as well. I can set the cruise above 85mph now. :evil:

The stock SBEC tune in the R/T is *very* capable and doesn't need any real tuning as of yet, but I also haven't put any serious upgrades on the car either. :eyebrows:

Chris Faulk
05-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Me too. I leaning towards Zeitronix though because it does more. I prefer analog gauges, but oh well.

In the end...it's really going to boil down to which *looks* best to you. 'Cause if you total up the cost of each with the options, they all come out to just about the same price.

If I added the AuxBox (LMA-3) to my setup, I'd be able to display/log all the extra channels. The LMA-3 has a built-in 3-bar MAP sensor even so...it all ends up real close.

I much preferred the digital display of the ZT-2, but couldn't afford the $400 price tag at the time. Do what you can I guess.

Chris Faulk
06-03-2006, 09:46 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/go-to73/1991%20Spirit%20RT/0d6cdeed.jpg

I'm finding some VERY interesting facts about tuning with a widband 02 meter.

EGT can be 1400 for many changes...
wideband AFR will reflect changes the EGT did not
T-III's like lots of fuel!

I also found that by simply lowering fuel pressure isn't gonna do much good. I was just testing out this bit of info I've always heard and used myself...

I was running 9.9-10.0:1 at 11psi and figured I could lean out a bit at such a low boost level. So I slowly lowered fuel pressure until I was at about 10.9-11.0:1. Funny thing...EGT temps went DOWN, and the car didn't run any better. Matter of fact it ran worse (noticable difference).

Put the fuel pressure back to where I had it and the EGT's returned to a range I'm used to seeing and the car picked up a good bit of power.

At 1400 degrees F I've seen the AFR anywhere from 9.9:1 to 11.0:1. That's a HORRIBLE range. In my line of work that manner of measuring would be thrown out the window it's so far off....it's to the point of not being useful it's so different. The EGT gauge doesn't track changes very well at all, but the wideband will pick up very minor changes. Now that's what I'm after...

Again, this is on my nearly stock T-III, and only my findings thus far.

Chris Faulk
06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Have you been able to tune your A/F tables to your liking at WOT?

I'm going to change boost from 8psi cold/11psi hot to 11psi cold/14.5psi hot and see how the AFR reactes.

No changes to the cal yet aside from more boost....small changes and only one at a time (the only way to track what happens)! :thumb: :eyebrows:

Ground Rat
07-02-2006, 09:01 PM
So now that you've had your LC-1 for a few months how do you like it? I'm still trying to decide between Innovate and Zeitronix.

Mario
07-08-2006, 03:03 AM
I just bought one. I got a steal on it. However it didn't come with a display.
I'm trying to whether to get the square or round display...

Will Martin
07-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I've just had a chance to get mine all together. Amazing that previous to my wideband (using narrow band and reading plugs) that I had my A/F ratio at 9:1 @ WOT @ 18psi. The red button and red light on the right is the calibration button/light. Obviously I have to clean up the wires and all but it works great.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_166_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_169_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_170_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/719000-719999/719818_171_full.jpg

turbovanmanČ
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Looking good Will, :thumb:

Will Martin
07-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Looking good Will, :thumb:

Thanks! Now I just gotta get the alky injection buttoned up (I'm connecting an on/off switch and light) and really figure out that boost controller.

David Bohrer
07-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Is that an old Blitz boost controller?! i haven't seen one of those in YEARS.

I run a PLX unit that I got at a killer price. I hacked the controller and put the display in the dash. While I was there I chopped up the Knock Meter and stuck its display in there also.

PIChttp://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/P3290112.JPG

The PLX is an ok unit it is a basic unit with Lambda,stock o2 and WB outputs for intergration into many types of systems. I personally liked the FJO the best but waaay to rich for my blood.Besides the display was a big as a mailbox back in the day!

Will Martin
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Is that an old Blitz boost controller?! i haven't seen one of those in YEARS.

Yeah, it's one of the newer ones though. They don't change much on the outside from the old ones but it does the job. :thumb:

1FastCSX289
08-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Im running the LM-1. Im having trouble with the sensor overheating. It about 1.5 feet from the turbo outlet. How far down the pipe is yours? Ever had any error messages?

Will Martin
08-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I had an error message, and it was correct. I had my EGT probe slip out and was causing an error. Put it back in and all is good. No other problems that I know of.

TurboJerry
08-03-2006, 04:30 AM
The WBO2 sensor can't take heat as well as the stock ones. Should be atleast 3' from the turbo. More if you can spare it........