PDA

View Full Version : Which LM?

Subliminal
12-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, I just bought another dodge today. An 86 Lebaron GTS. It is pretty much stock, in great condition on the outside and under the hood (with a touch of extra...uhm...creativity ;)) and a tad bit dirty on the inside.

Anyway, I have all sorts of extra parts and plan on throwing on the later year one piece and eventually intercooling.

I'm wondering what logic module you all recommend. From what I gather, the 87 T2 is the prizes one, but people keep mentioning something else. Something...mysterious!

So, oh wisdom of the elders, tell me what to research.

Thanks guys,

damon

Aries_Turbo
12-18-2005, 02:43 AM
MP GLHS Stage II... supports 18psi with +20's and still idles nice. at least thats what i learned from Ken ;) you are converting to T2 right? that cal should have the correct pinout for an 86 car.

Brian

Subliminal
12-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah, 86 t1 that I want to t2 in the near future.

That sounds like the perfect one too...I have a set of +20s on a custom fuel rail with an AFPR and a gauge too.

I'm going to pick up the car this morning. Can't wait.

New cars make Damon :)

d

GLHSKEN
12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
The GLHS will need the later throttlebody and sensor set-up to work and the additional wires for it as well. I would gather the parts while it is still a log car and convert it when you go blow through...

Subliminal
12-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah, definitely.

I have everything but the LM and the compressor housing.

I actually have a whole head with everything but the turbo on it from my van sitting on the floor in my garage. New hardware and gaskets and everything.

Russ Jerome
12-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Since you have to convert to t-2 go external map.

The 87 Shelby Daytona/CSX has a little better fuel
and spark curve next to the earlier 86 GLHS program.

With a good pump and 55psi base pressure I have run
18psi with stock injectors and a NPR into the high 13's
with fuel to cover 20psi spikes without knock. That was
with my rusty old blue GLH, loose chassis and rock hard
radials.

moparzrule
12-20-2005, 09:36 AM
I agree, when I did my T2 conversion I just bought the stage 2 logic module from FWD-P. L body electronics have different pin outs than J and G bodies anyway, it would be a PITA. Before my car got totaled I was using a TU 3 bar +40's cal, it was the best. It's the only way to go IMO for a daily driver, none of that defeating the MAP with diodes and risking running lean stuff. Although I did do that myself, it's too risky and I wouldn't do it again.

87glhs232
12-22-2005, 10:16 AM
I could potentially save you a few dollars and offer up conversion services. I converted my spare 85 LM to T2 and socketed my stage 2. I also converted an 86 lance T1 LM to T2 for 86lance over at TD. He'll be happy to tell ya how it works. He now has two chips to select from, stock GLHS and GLHS stage 2 scaled for his injectors. I'd do the work for free, just buy the parts and pay the shipping. If you already have a spare LM, conversion would probably cost $50 roughly (with parts & shipping) and I'd be happy to program any number of chips you send along.

85lebaront2
12-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Damon, if you need an 87 LM, I have an A1 Cardone rebuilt I removed from the donor vehicle, I also have an 86 T1 LM. The 87 Daytona electronics are the best 2 piece system according to my source. The 89 T2 is supposed to be the best SMEC for T2.