PDA

View Full Version : Spicer Chassis is now Rabestos Chassis

daver
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey just thought I'd share this info.

Was looking for ball joints & tie rod ends for a Neon, and Spicer wasn't listed as an option. Did some research and looks like Spicer Chassis was sold to Raybestos and is now Raybestos Chassis.

Unfortunately don't know at this point if the quality is the same or if any parts were redesigned cheaper.

It looks like some Spicer parts are still out there, because some places still list them, but I'm assuming once stock is gone, there won't be anymore.

Spicer's website doesn't show the chassis products anymore either, just driveshaft/driveline components.

_http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/raybestos/c0/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnbwufEBd3D2cTk-Bg_yBjg0BjAwjQL8h2VAQAfKj_0Q!!?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/Affinia_Websites_Content_en/affinia.websites.content/news/product+news/raybestos/raybestos_chassis+brand+unveiled/

BadAssPerformance
08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Affinia is a conglomoration of many companies that make parts, such as Spicer, Raybestos and Dana... sounds like they are just using their brands differently?

135sohc
08-03-2009, 01:48 PM
When I bought inner sway bar bushings from autozone the first time around they were old stock Dana/spicer in a clevite box. probably 15 yrs old judging by the boxes condition. Said RAMCOA, USA on them

turned out they were the wrong size in the box so they reordered them. and the new bushings came in a duralast labeled box but the actual bushings were the same RAMCOA, USA as the first time around. :clap:

If you stay away from any of the outright cheap/discount branded stuff (spicer red grade, ect) then your probably getting quality parts.

turbovanmanČ
08-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Spicer is the Dana Corporation, and they are huge. It could be Raybesto's needed a suspension brand to compete with Moog so as long as Spicer/Ray are the same product, I don't give a ratsass what they are called, ;)

I think Ramcoa is another company they sublet too as I see many poly bushings stamped with that name on.