PDA

View Full Version : how much timing you run with alky ?

shelbymonster
07-28-2009, 11:12 PM
im setting my alky set-up , im now running 25 psi with 91 octane fuel at 10 degrees of timing , the plugs look dark brown rust , am i inline for adding 2 or more degree of timming or i must upgrade nozzle before ?

mario03SRT
07-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Monster,

One of the main advantages of running a meth system is increasing ignition timing to make more power. Having said that the question is "how much more"? You can keep increasing timing until you reach detonation/knock then back down the timing a degree or two. This is relative to boost levels, cylinder head, pistons and the setup in general.

You could easily run 2-4 degrees more timing over a base of 10deg with water/meth.

FYI,
Marion

shadow88
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Monster,

One of the main advantages of running a meth system is increasing ignition timing to make more power. Having said that the question is "how much more"? You can keep increasing timing until you reach detonation/knock then back down the timing a degree or two. This is relative to boost levels, cylinder head, pistons and the setup in general.

You could easily run 2-4 degrees more timing over a base of 10deg with water/meth.

FYI,
Marion

Providing you're using enough methanol ;) ie correct nozzle for your application

shelbymonster
07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
my nozzle is a 10 gph and i maybe add my 5 gph so 2 nozzle and 2 stage injection

shelbymonster
10-22-2009, 09:00 PM
finish my season at 12 deg !!! it kill my clutch in peak boost in 3-4-5 lol , cel light on at 33 psi :s