PDA

View Full Version : Blow-by ?

Lee'sdaytona
05-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I have low compression in cyl #2 and I have been just driving the car easy, staying out of boost because I need the car for a few more weeks. I started to get excessive oil in the air box and a little out of the oil fill cap, but now its leaking down the exhaust downpipe, and all over the back of the engine. I want to know if this could cause any major problems....Could the seals blow out in the turbo from blow-by? how risky is it to drive with oil on the downpipe?
PS: I'm not too concerned about the block, since I plan on getting a different one...
-Lee

rare_ram
05-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Could catch fire.

Lee'sdaytona
05-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Could catch fire.
Geeze I was afraid of that....Do you guys think the oil spewing all over the place is from Blow-by or could maybe the oil line to the turbo be leaking or maybe the oil return line? It seems the all the oil leaks started at the same time...
-Lee

turbovanmanČ
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Oil leaks are from blowby. Just reroute your PCV system and you should be fine. I drove for 2 weeks with a cracked piston, :nod:

Lee'sdaytona
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
wait, re-route it...meaning the tube that goes to the air box? I guess make up a catch can of some sort? will that solve the oil leaking all over the back of the engine? by the way, I've been driving around for about three weeks with a cracked piston and need a few more weeks out of her...:eek: but I've been staying out of boost in an effort to keep the oil leaks to a minimum...if that means anything
thanks,
Lee....

turbovanmanČ
05-05-2006, 04:31 AM
wait, re-route it...meaning the tube that goes to the air box? I guess make up a catch can of some sort? will that solve the oil leaking all over the back of the engine? by the way, I've been driving around for about three weeks with a cracked piston and need a few more weeks out of her...:eek: but I've been staying out of boost in an effort to keep the oil leaks to a minimum...if that means anything
thanks,
Lee....

Yes, exactly.