PDA

View Full Version : TU's Race Clutch (4 Puck Style)

powermaxx
05-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Pretty dang good in my opinion!!!! :thumb:

When installed I thought it had way too light of a pedal feel. Thought I'd gotten the wrong part delivered. Chris informed me that there is a little difference in the finger pivot points. I was like "Oh, here I go again..." type thought but after beating on it with my GLHS running 12's in Denver this clutch is taking my 5400rpm side step off the clutch pedal launches!

NO SLIPPAGE!!!!!

I used to run the old RP units (still have one in the Daytona) and the pedal feel is like night and day.

Definitely can endorse this clutch :thumb: .

BadAssPerformance
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Good to know. What is your race weight?

altered7151
05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Pretty dang good in my opinion!!!! :thumb:

When installed I thought it had way too light of a pedal feel. Thought I'd gotten the wrong part delivered. Chris informed me that there is a little difference in the finger pivot points. I was like "Oh, here I go again..." type thought but after beating on it with my GLHS running 12's in Denver this clutch is taking my 5400rpm side step off the clutch pedal launches!

NO SLIPPAGE!!!!!

I used to run the old RP units (still have one in the Daytona) and the pedal feel is like night and day.

Definitely can endorse this clutch :thumb: .

Mmmm, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear that. I've got one in a box waiting to go into my car. Have you driven it on the street? This car will be far from a daily driver, but will see some occasional street duty. Good to hear its doesn't make for a super stiff pedal.

cordes
05-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Mmmm, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to hear that. I've got one in a box waiting to go into my car. Have you driven it on the street? This car will be far from a daily driver, but will see some occasional street duty. Good to hear its doesn't make for a super stiff pedal.

That makes two of us. I don't really mind a stiff pedal, but it sure is nice when they feel stock.

powermaxx
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Pedal feel is very good (I'd say almost "stock" ?) clutch engages pretty much at the top of travel (if that makes any sense...)

No issue for daily use IMO but I also didn't mind the RP pedal feel either. I drove it around town and a few blasts down empty county roads. I'd use this in a daily driver with out much thought but that is me :D .

BadAssPerformance

Race weight? You got me! I've forgotten to roll over the scales yet! I recall last years being around 2750lbs ?(stock full interior 87 Charger GLHS). I'm back at the track tommorrow if there's no rain (like right now).

I'll get a weight tommorrow.

GLHS592
05-04-2006, 10:07 PM
RP clutch?

powermaxx
05-05-2006, 08:09 AM
RP clutch?

Relentless Performance

BadAssPerformance
05-05-2006, 08:16 AM
I'll get a weight tommorrow.

Cool. I'm just curious cuz the vehicle weight calculates into the clutch working or not calculation.

powermaxx
05-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Cool. I'm just curious cuz the vehicle weight calculates into the clutch working or not calculation.

2750lbs on the nose (Got rained out tonight :( )

BadAssPerformance
05-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Bummer about the rain.

Good memory of the weight from last year!