PDA

View Full Version : Avenger 2.0 Head?

kuzman83
07-28-2009, 10:35 AM
I was at the jy the other day and I saw a dodge avenger with the 2.0 but the exhaust was on the front of the engine?!?! Call me stupid but i guess i thought that all the 2.0/2.4's had the exhaust on the back, unless thats a mitsu head. In any event...has anyone done any research into this head fitting a common block? Because if not I have an itch to be the first to try it. The idea of having the turbo in the front...easily accessable...sounds too good to be true.

contraption22
07-28-2009, 10:58 AM
All the DSM cars with the 420a had the exhaust in the front and the intake on the back. Save for the coolant outlet, it looks like a mirror image of the Neon head.

I've thought about using this head myself. It would be great for a race car. Even the almighty Darrell Cox uses this head on his race SRT-4. The only problem i see is the exhaust routing. It has to go under the engine, and then over the K frame.

Darkapollo
07-28-2009, 11:35 AM
that is really the only difference that I know of. It should bolt up the same.
As for the exhaust, the oil pan was designed so that the exhaust could hug as close to the block as it could to clear the k frame.

ShelGame
07-28-2009, 06:26 PM
It bolts up the same as a Neon head. The 420a bottom end is actually identical to a Neon 2.0 bottom end. Same block, pistons, rods, etc.

At one point I had 3 of them I wanted to use on a 2.4 for my Daytona. But, I gave up due to time/money constraints...

puppet
07-28-2009, 07:31 PM
I've thought about using this head myself. It would be great for a race car. Even the almighty Darrell Cox uses this head on his race SRT-4. The only problem i see is the exhaust routing. It has to go under the engine, and then over the K frame... on a race car? I'd think you'd just head for the fender and call it a day.

turbovanmanČ
07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
.. on a race car? I'd think you'd just head for the fender and call it a day.

That's what DCR and the Import's do.

Vigo
07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
or go under the k-frame. wouldnt be a big deal on a race car.

contraption22
07-29-2009, 12:21 AM
.. on a race car? I'd think you'd just head for the fender and call it a day.

Yeah thats where i didn't complete my "it would be great on a race car" thought. On a street car, a bit trickier.

puppet
07-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah thats where i didn't complete my "it would be great on a race car" thought. On a street car, a bit trickier.You could put a hinged flap over it. ... like a doggie door.