PDA

View Full Version : SRT injector length

Force Fed Mopar
07-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Anybody have one laying around they can measure for me?

SoCalCSX
07-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't have anything to measure with except a soda can LOL. Two stacked on top of eachother is the same height as a soda can + about 1/8th". So half the size of a soda can plus a sixteenth should get you pretty damn close.

DodgeZdad
07-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Anybody have one laying around they can measure for me?
They are 2 1/2 inches long. I'll give you a couple if you put the universals in my Jimmy. :)

Force Fed Mopar
07-27-2009, 08:05 AM
I don't have anything to measure with except a soda can LOL. Two stacked on top of eachother is the same height as a soda can + about 1/8th". So half the size of a soda can plus a sixteenth should get you pretty damn close.

:lol:

They are 2 1/2 inches long. I'll give you a couple if you put the universals in my Jimmy. :)

Well I don't really need them, I need bigger injectors, was wonder if the SRT injectors were the length I needed, but they are not. '98 Neon SOHC injectors are the perfect length, but of course they are way to small of an injector (242cc). I was hoping SRT injectors were the same length, so I could use some big aftermarket SRT injectors. I could use them anyway, but I'd have to put spacers under the fuel rail. Trying not to have to do that.

DodgeZ
07-27-2009, 08:13 AM
:lol:

Well I don't really need them, I need bigger injectors, was wonder if the SRT injectors were the length I needed, but they are not. '98 Neon SOHC injectors are the perfect length, but of course they are way to small of an injector (242cc). I was hoping SRT injectors were the same length, so I could use some big aftermarket SRT injectors. I could use them anyway, but I'd have to put spacers under the fuel rail. Trying not to have to do that.

my SRT's 750s are the same as a TD. I have spacers under the rail to push the rail out.

Force Fed Mopar
07-27-2009, 11:57 AM
my SRT's 750s are the same as a TD. I have spacers under the rail to push the rail out.

I may end up doing that also, if I can't find any big injectors the right length.

DodgeZ
07-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I may end up doing that also, if I can't find any big injectors the right length.

how big are you looking? There are some SRT injectors on the bench in the red tool box. You can take a look at them, well I may have put injector box.

Force Fed Mopar
07-27-2009, 12:50 PM
how big are you looking? There are some SRT injectors on the bench in the red tool box. You can take a look at them, well I may have put injector box.

Like 725cc I guess, something capable of 500hp (not that I'll ever have that much probably, but doesn't hurt to have 'em :)) I'll take a look at them, although I think I may have found what I want.

t3rse
07-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I've got a set of spacers here that allow Bosch injectors on the SRT rail...I didn't use them because I made my fuel rail brackets from scratch.

Force Fed Mopar
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
The ones I'm probably gonna get have 48mm bodies (roughly 2", same as a 1st Gen SOHC Neon) and come w/ adapters that make them 60mm long (roughly 2.5", same as a SRT injector).

Edit: This is probably what I'm going to get:

http://www.xenocron.com/injector-dynamics-bosch-725cc-high-impedance-p-436.html

t3rse
07-29-2009, 02:45 AM
So you're going to stick with saturation over peak and hold?

Force Fed Mopar
07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm going to try it, those are the newest saturation injectors from Bosch, apparently they have solved all the high volume issues that the older ones had. I can't find anything but good about them on the net. They can handle 100psi (120psi on the 725's) fuel pressures also, although they'll never see that on my car I doubt :) Viper and Supra guys seem to be loving the 1000cc ones.