PDA

View Full Version : BOV Options

Boost_Virgin
05-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Okay I'm going to replace my stock BOV with one that will not leak. I want to do it on the cheep, and not have to redo my IC hoses if possable. So what are my options? I know about the talon BOV. Is this the cheepest options? I know I should just buy new, but I'm a little short on funding since the rebuild.

cordes
05-04-2006, 12:33 PM
The Talon BOV is about the most redily available for cheap that will perfrom well. I am not aware of any thing else in that price rage which guys have had so much sucess with.

Ground Rat
05-05-2006, 03:24 AM
I bought a dual horn RFL knockoff off ebay for $37 shipped. I still haven't got it to work right all the time (sometimes I get compressor surge), so I can't really recommend it yet. It is very loud though; you should see people whip their heads around to look at my van! People really my van, hahahaha. :evil:

I would like to try a talon BOV, but none of the junkyards in my area have any turbo DSMs with the BOV still on them. :(

mark
05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
i got a single horn rfl in my r/t. it is a knockoff unit off ebay. I removed the canister (black) thing/bov/hoses from their stock locations. Plugges the hole that the stock bov vented into. then used a piece of exhaust pipe I found. Cut it the same legnth as the canister/pipe thing I removed that goes between the top ic pipe and the turbo. used my 1" bit and drilled a hole, then used a die grinder to open it up a little bit. welded the flange thingy that came with the knockoff bov to it. put tape around said flange (so an unpainted part that goes into the bov and rubber oring wont get paint crap in it, painted part black. used factory bov vacum line.

i was not happy at first with how it was working, it was garbage. but i checked the vacum line i used and there was some weird vented check valve that once i removed and hooked the vac line up to the bov it works much better.

I am running just 3 of the 6 washers right now for spring tension. Im thinking of putting more in.

I can take pics if you need.

Oh, on the pipe i used, i also used a hammer to kind of put a flare on the end of the pipe to try and prevent any hoses from blowing off. The pipe is same dia as the thing it took the spot of.