PDA

View Full Version : Best way to do this, need input!

dwh4784
05-04-2006, 01:08 AM
Swapping an 84 turbo longblock into an 86 TI Daytona. We were short on options, good running turbo mopars in the PNW are few and far between. Anyways the way I see it is we have two options to make it run happily.

One would be to pull the 86 LM and replace it with an 85 LM which is no problem since I have an extra. Going this route we could use the distributor from the 84 correct?

The other way would be to keep the 86 LM and go grab a later distributor. But then we will have a G headed engine running on swirl electronics.....I know it's been done before but I'm not sure what to do with the timing, ect...

If using the 85 LM will be basically "plug and play" I would much rather go that route. But I don't want to ruin this engine because of something stupid.

85_600
05-04-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm not hijacking - I'd like to know as well, since I will also have a G headed car on swirl electronics...

What's the outcome of this? Any major problems?

Wink
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
My shadow ran with a G head with swirl calibration. I can only say that it's a bit sluggish when not in boost. Other than that, I never had a problem with the setup.

5sp. mini
05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
leave the oil feed block on the 84 cause the 86 is bigger there are little thing that diff but it won,t stop you . 3bolt or 4bolt coverter? if there diff you can drill the 3 bolt out to fit cliff helped me on that one. AL