PDA

View Full Version : shutting off injectors while in decel?

JuXsA
05-03-2006, 10:15 PM
so I was wondering when making a cal, whats the point of having the injectors spitting out fuel while the car is decelerating? Why not sure them off or have them shoot out minimum fuel? Other then keeping the cat hot I can't think of a single reason to have the injectors firing while in decel mode (in a manual anyway) the motor is still turning all the accessories so power wouldn't be an issue. Just push the gas pedal and the injectors start firing again... Would some thing like this work? I would think it would increase mpg a good amount also.

GLHNSLHT2
05-05-2006, 11:48 PM
been running mine that way for a year or so now. It's a bit tempermental at low speeds as I have the ais disconnected too. But it is nice because the car doesn't spit and pop at all on decel.

Clay
05-06-2006, 12:43 AM
I cant remember for sure, but, I think I remember talking to some guys about the tuning of newer cars, and that a lot of them do this very thing on decel.

WVRampage
05-06-2006, 01:19 AM
sounds logical

jckrieger
05-08-2006, 11:25 AM
It works, I've been running a cal like that in my 91 Daytona for about 6 months. Basically, I set all the fuel tables to 0 below like 20'' of vacuum. I tried the same thing on my 87 cal and the car bucked quite a bit, so I'm not sure what I did wrong there.