PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Daytona Shelby 2.2/5-spd FREE to good home!

TurboMinivan
05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
If I still lived in Ohio, this car would already be in my driveway. But since I'm way out west, somebody else is going to love this deal. A guy named David Beamish sent me an email about his '89 Daytona Shelby:

I am the original owner. I bought it as my first car off the lot with 18 km. It is a red Daytona Shelby - 1989 model year, 2.2l Intercooled Turbo, 16" rims, 5-speed Getrag Transmission. Grey trim on the wing and along the bottom doors and rocker / fenders.

Now it has 185,000 km. It was in working order until December 2004. It needed work to pass it's upcoming emissions test. It currently needs work on the following components:

Brake lines have rusted.
Turbo works but loses a bit of oil through a seal.
Starting to rust around / under the fender walls.
Front tire has a slow leak.

Most of the remaining parts are in good condition. Tires have good tread. It would make an excellent project / parts car.

I live near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Anyway, the guy's wife wants it to go. He found out the local wrecking yards will only give him $25 if they come haul it off for him, so he decided he'd rather give it to the first person that shows up with a trailer. Beg/borrow/steal one if you have to--don't miss this deal!

Email him at dbeamish AT e-djuster.com and tell him you're on your way there. :thumb:

-Dempsey

turboking
05-03-2006, 09:55 PM
whats ther best he can do?

APalmer
05-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Perhaps this information would be useful
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/VIG_Canada07032.html
- Andy

banger68
05-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I e-mailed him, I can get it out anytime he wants.

sexygomer
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
wait wait...so this car is in Ontario?

85shelbycharger
05-04-2006, 09:43 PM
wait wait...so this car is in Ontario?

Yeah it is. I found this out after I emailed him thinking it was in Ohio :p I should have read it better..I saw FREE Daytona Shelby and skipped over all the unnecessary words :o

banger68
05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah it is. I found this out after I emailed him thinking it was in Ohio :p I should have read it better..I saw FREE Daytona Shelby and skipped over all the unnecessary words :o

Did you get an answer? I'm not getting a response. :confused:

85shelbycharger
05-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Did you get an answer? I'm not getting a response. :confused:

Yep he emailed me back earlier today and said that its probably too far away for me to travel (he's correct, I'm not driving to Ontario haha).

TurboMinivan
05-05-2006, 12:48 AM
he's correct, I'm not driving to Ontario

"You lack commitment, young jedi." -- Yoda ;)

Maybe I'm loopy, perhaps I just can't bear to see good parts go to waste (and this car is full of them), but that's why I said if I still lived in Ohio I'd already have this car.

At any rate, I hope somebody takes advantage of his generous offer.

-Dempsey

WickedShelby88
05-05-2006, 01:38 AM
Man, Wheres the cheap gas prices when I need them. Im in chicago and have access to a truck and trailer, but at 12 miles per gallon even a free car isnt free that far away.

banger68
05-05-2006, 11:01 AM
"You lack commitment, young jedi." -- Yoda ;)

At any rate, I hope somebody takes advantage of his generous offer.

-Dempsey

lol, I will if I can get hold of him. :thumb:

omnivore
05-05-2006, 07:32 PM
LOL. Seems we all got emails saying we can come get it. I offered him $ in an email 2 nites ago, and he said he'd accept my generous offer, and I am to go get it this weekend.

omnivore
05-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Picking it up in the a.m. Thx Dempsey for the head's up.

TurboMinivan
05-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Picking it up in the a.m.

Glad to hear it's going to a good home rather than being crushed.

Thx Dempsey for the head's up.

I do all I can to support this hobby. :thumb:

-Dempsey

omnivore
05-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Got it home...after a very stressfull trip. A mere 50 miles, and it took almost all day to get the car home. Had the draw bar bend almost a foot to the left, on the dolly I was towing...On the very 1st left turn I made with Daytona on the dolly no less!!. It was a 25 mph drag down as many backroads as I could find, with the car and dolly sticking out 3 feet past the passenger side of the van. I was terrified I was gonna lose the car in traffic and hurt someone, so I pulled over, made a few calls, and managed to borrow a trailer to take the car most of the way.

As a side note, with a boost, the car runs perfectly. Dash and headlights don't work though...and the floor is flintstones style.

85shelbycharger
05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Got it home...after a very stressfull trip. A mere 50 miles, and it took almost all day to get the car home. Had the draw bar bend almost a foot to the left, on the dolly I was towing...On the very 1st left turn I made with Daytona on the dolly no less!!. It was a 25 mph drag down as many backroads as I could find, with the car and dolly sticking out 3 feet past the passenger side of the van. I was terrified I was gonna lose the car in traffic and hurt someone, so I pulled over, made a few calls, and managed to borrow a trailer to take the car most of the way.

As a side note, with a boost, the car runs perfectly. Dash and headlights don't work though...and the floor is flintstones style.

Good to hear you got it rather than the crusher! :thumb: Make sure you post some pics up :thumb: