PDA

View Full Version : Help! Bumper cover removal

Goose
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
After removing the push fasteners and the screws underneath, what is required to remove the rear bumper cover on a third gen Daytona? Shouldn't it just slide up out of the retainers or is something else holding it. I don't want to destroy it during removal. Thanks!
Herb

Blue Iroc R/T
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Hope you are sitting down for this answer; You have to remove the interior panel over the rear wheels. There are 2 or 3 screws under the panel that have to be removed. I don't have my FSM here at the moment to reference you to a specific page. It is a Royal PITA to remove the back bumper cover. Good Luck!

rich tideswell
07-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Hope you are sitting down for this answer; You have to remove the interior panel over the rear wheels. There are 2 or 3 screws under the panel that have to be removed. I don't have my FSM here at the moment to reference you to a specific page. It is a Royal PITA to remove the back bumper cover. Good Luck!

Yup, and to remove THOSE fasteners, you have to remove the back seat.

bfarroo
07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I believe the rear header panel that holds the tail lights in needs to come off because the bumper cover sits up under it. As others have said this requires at least removing the rear interior panel to get to the nuts that hold the header panel in.