PDA

View Full Version : NHRA Sport Compact Springnationals May 6-7 Englishtown

mcsvt
05-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Anybody else planning on going?

Qualifying is 5PM and 7PM on Sat. and 10:30AM Sunday.
Pro Elims 2PM Sunday.

I am going to show some support for SMP :) Not going to show or anything, just hang out, take some pictures and watch some racin.

mcsvt
05-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Nobody? I know at least one or two people over on TD are going. I will be there in my TM shirt :D

guyd_15
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm going, should be there about 9 am.
Guy

mcsvt
05-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Website said gates don't open till 11 tomorrow. Then 8am on Sunday.

guyd_15
05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks, I must have made a mistake when I checked the website. Good I can sleep in a little.
Guy

peteknoll
05-06-2006, 12:06 AM
For those who cant make it to Englishtown this weekend.

The NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals will be on ESPN2 Sunday.

Hard to squeeze much into 1/2 hr, but might be worth a look.

5/7 12:30pm

Eastern time zone.
Check your local listings.

mcsvt
05-06-2006, 12:09 AM
NP Guy, see you there :thumb:

Gonna have to DVR the Virgina race, thanks for the heads up.

altered7151
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Anyone know what happened today? Looks like Stephane may have broke first round of qualifying, and it shows no time for him in the second round.

mcsvt
05-07-2006, 12:53 AM
I was there. Planetary gear let go in the trans right off the line for first round qualifying. Thrashed to get trans rebuilt, but just missed 2nd round qualifying. One more round of qualifying in the morning at 10:30. When I left around 8:30 they were just finishing up with the car.

Stephane is a great guy :thumb: hope it works out tomorrow. Also got to meet Guy, he was a huge part in almost getting the car ready for qualifying, big thumbs up. Tyler I will give you a report when I get back with some pictures for the news section.

peteknoll
05-07-2006, 06:32 PM
http://nhrasportcompact.com/2006/events/race03/results/hr.html

What a strange/difficult day for most of the teams.

mcsvt
05-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Yup Stephane had a decent qualifying morning. Not so bad I would say for his first run on the new slicks and a little more boost. Then first round came around lined up against Kenny Tran. I was at Tran's trailer just before staging and he was having tuning issues in the middle and upper RPM's cutting out. They lined up and about half way down the track Stephane's motor started having issues, puffing lots of smoke, he still pulled a 8.741 to Kenny's 10 something. When they got the car back to the trailer we all started pulling the head off to find out what the issue was. After some work they found out the head popped off and a rocker on cylinder 3 broke. Even if they got a new head gasket in the motor wouldn't have been able to keep going and Lumus would have been next round. On a hypothetical note, Stephane was on his way to an extremely fast time if the motor hadn't gone south on that run. I didn't get a picture of the slip but he said his first half was his fasted yet. So it could have been his 7second run :D I think we may see them this year.

Atco is next, I should be there as well. Pretty sure others are going to attend. I will post pictures and a little movie clip of the qualifying round in the news section.