PDA

View Full Version : What Wire Is This?!! (Pic)

SpoolinGLH
05-03-2006, 01:40 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/HollywoodFashionz/096c3a23.jpg

The wire is brown with a yellow tracer...

thanks..

zshadow
05-03-2006, 07:02 AM
looks like a ground? does it have the hole ground thingy at the end of the wire?

Subliminal
05-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Part of me wants to say the oil pressure sending unit, but that might not be right.

GLHSKEN
05-03-2006, 07:24 AM
The brown and yellow goes in that hole on the trans. The ground you have there should be a plug in type connector (I'm pretty sure, I can check tonight)

supercrackerbox
05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
It's a ground. Crimp a big ring terminal on it and slip it on one of your bellhousing bolts, and call it good.

Will Martin
05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Ground wire.

tryingbe
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
That's your neutral safty switch wire.

You're not going to be able to start the car if you don't ground it.

SpoolinGLH
05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Ok there was a ring type connector on it.. it was just messed up so i put a new gold connector on it... If its a ground wire,why am i not getting any continuity with that wire and the grounds on the car?...

SpoolinGLH
05-03-2006, 12:11 PM

This is a555 and originally a525.....I remember seeing a wire that looked very familiar to that on my shadow that was automatic but it was a smaller gauge then this one..

tryingbe
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
This is a555 and originally a525.....I remember seeing a wire that looked very familiar to that on my shadow that was automatic but it was a smaller gauge then this one..

I don't care what transmission or what car.

It is what it is.

Color don't lie, go look up the color.
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/ecu/lm-1986-t1.html

SpoolinGLH
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
alright bud i didnt think that chrysler would put it in if the car had a manual....so where does it go then?

GLHSKEN
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM
That wire has a diode on it (Back in the harmness) and works as the ground for the fan as well. If the diode is removed, everytime you start the car it will blow the fuse. And yes it also will not allow you to start the car.

5 sp's do not have a nuetral safety switch, that is wired in with the reverse lights on an automatic.

tryingbe
05-03-2006, 07:32 PM
alright bud i didnt think that chrysler would put it in if the car had a manual....so where does it go then?

Like many other have said.

SpoolinGLH
05-03-2006, 10:55 PM
That wire has a diode on it (Back in the harmness) and works as the ground for the fan as well. If the diode is removed, everytime you start the car it will blow the fuse. And yes it also will not allow you to start the car.

5 sp's do not have a nuetral safety switch, that is wired in with the reverse lights on an automatic.

Ok thanks guys... so should this wire have continuty with all the other grounds? because is doesnt thats was through me off?

89ShelbyGuy
05-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Yea...that wire will ground to the Tranny! :) 100% sure too! Just replaced my whole harrness..so its still in my head! :thumb:

Tom

fuforums
05-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Ok thanks guys... so should this wire have continuty with all the other grounds? because is doesnt thats was through me off?

It will when you ground it. Ground wires are only grounds when they are grounded. Otherwise they are just wires. If you don't connect it everyone else is saying that it's the neutral safety wire. Chryslers don't have that on manuals, that's why you can crank the car in gear (handy when you break down). If you don't connect it to a ground source then the computer will think it's "in gear" and not crank. There is no switch in the tranny to fix that so you have to connect it straight to ground.

By the way, does anyone know why our cars are this way? I know BMW M3's are the same way. Maybe it's for high performance cars only.

Joe

tryingbe
05-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Cost saving.

No different wires harness for manual or auto car.

CletusJones
05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
So I've noticed.

Right after I got the car I accidentally tried to start it in gear. It was 5am and my eyes weren't open yet. After that I was wide awake and then some.

vxvxAndrewxvxv
05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
that wire goes to your flux capasitor!! You better hook that up right or time travel as we know it, Won't be possible!

Sorry, I had to.

GLHSKEN
05-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Cost saving.

No different wires harness for manual or auto car.

THEY ARE DIFFERENT.

Anonymous_User
05-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Auto and manual harnesses ARE different. At least the starter sub-harness is.

85lebaront2
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Chrysler, like most other american auto companies tries to save money by using the same parts on a number of different applications. The body harness is the same for manual or automatic, the starter harness is transmission specific. If you have an automatic the ground wire and backup light wires go to a plug and the neutral safety/back up light switch. On a manual, the ground wire goes to a bolt on the case and the backup light wires go to the switch on top. The starter relay is the same for both.

boost geek
05-05-2006, 11:30 PM

Ground this wire to your tranny. I pulled mine out of the harness by accident when I dropped my tranny. The car did start only 1 time, backed it out and drove a bit, parked it, then it would not turn over, the entire car was lifeless! It seems like once you use reverse without this wire connected, thats it!

SpoolinGLH
05-06-2006, 10:03 AM
cool thanks for the input guys!