PDA

View Full Version : shadow shifter in GLHS

tvanlant
12-26-2005, 11:25 PM
I just got my shadow shifter and cables for the 555 in my GLHS conversion. Isn't there some sort of bracket needed to hold the cables by the transmission? What else besides the shifter and cables themselves do I need to hook the trans and the shifter up?

MVaughn
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
The shifter will have two plastic couplers at the end of the each lever. Most likely they are there already when you bought it. You will need to either purchase (Not sure if they are making them any more) a bracket that the trans. shock mounts too as well. The one on the glhs is in the wrong position. If you can't buy one then remove the factory glhs bracket w/ a torch and reweld it in the correct postion for your mount off your trans. Your trans. should also have the bracket that holds the cables in place as well.

The S is Silent
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
I just got my shadow shifter and cables for the 555 in my GLHS conversion. Isn't there some sort of bracket needed to hold the cables by the transmission? What else besides the shifter and cables themselves do I need to hook the trans and the shifter up?

Yeah, you need the bracket below to hold the ends of the cables. I had one hell of a time figuring that out when I put the a555 in my charger.

http://people.clemson.edu/~mkessin/Pictures/Charger%20Pics/Cables%20Done.jpg

tvanlant
12-27-2005, 02:53 AM
So, whats the best way to go about this? Rewelding the factory GLHS mount as MVaughn said, or can you get one out of another car that is a direct fit?

The S is Silent
12-27-2005, 03:06 AM
One of the vendors sells a bracket that just needs to be welded in, I can't remember who though. It might be polybushings, but don't quote me on that.

tvanlant
12-27-2005, 11:01 AM
So, would either of you two have one of these extra? I couldn't find the vendor who sells them.

altered7151
12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Matt was right, www.polybushings.com sells the bracket.

tvanlant
12-27-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm talking about the bracket in the picture shown above, not the dogbone mount bracket. I don't see that bracket on polybushings.

- By the way, did you get the Chuck Norris email I sent you?

The S is Silent
12-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I don't have an extra one, sorry. I had to go to the junkyard and pull it off of one of the a520's that they had in the warehouse.

altered7151
12-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh yeah, no one sells that bracket. But drop me a pm this weekend, I might have an extra one after my j-yard trip on saturday.
And yeah got your email, funny stuff, thanks! Been meaning to get back to you but you know how busy stuff is nowadays!

tvanlant
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I'll try to locate one throughout the week, but if you could, pick one up for me at the j/y.
Thanks-Tyler

MVaughn
12-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Also, you need to make sure the cable end that attaches to the trans. shifter is the correct type. Some of the shifter cable ends had a "half ball" shaped" end that would snap on the end of the shift lever and the others had the type that would slip on and was held on by a clip. Good luck.