PDA

View Full Version : 89 daytona info center not responding?

TonaKid62
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
ok, so i just bought an 89 daytona shelby, so far, the only problems are the odometer stopped and the part of the dash that displays the time, date, and can give you all sorts of other info is on but not responding to the buttons that i press. just to clarify, its the part above the boost gauge, which works. any help would be great, ive tried resetting it but nothing happens.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/weety62/IMG_0688.jpg

89ShelbyGuy
07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Your odometer is common...theres a gear that can be replaced..but that works 50% of the time.....for the 12 button navy...yea...i've never seen a working one. Had one in my old 89 shelby...buttons always messed up. if i were you i would just get a working odometer and grease the gear before it goes bad.....

TonaKid62
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
ok, thats a little reassuring i guess. i have a working gear plug thing from my other car that i am going to put in for the odometer.

Cipseese
07-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi my rpm gauge is not working properly, most of the time now its just on 0 but sometimes it flusters and tries to work. It used to work all of the time and fluster sometimes, now its never working do i need to take out the cluster or whats the best approach to fixing this? thanks

itsbudda
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
You'd get more views if you started your own thread.

But, I had the same problem. It was corrosion on the circuitboard of the gauge cluster. I just replaced the gauge cluster assembly, but kept all my original gauges. It fixed it.

shelbymopar89
07-24-2009, 07:51 PM
The trip computer is actually an easy fix that can be done with a soldering iron, solder, and 12 new switches from Radio Shack. All in all the switches cost about 12 bucks. It is the switches that go bad in them, so you are mashing the button but nothing. There is actually a website that show how to fix them if you search around a bit. It is as easy as taking them apart, which is very easy. Then each switch has two contacts soldered into the board. Heat the back up and gently wiggle the switch out with some needle nose pliers. Take the switch into Radio shack and match it up with a new one. I highly reccomend that you replace all of them while you are in there, even if some work, their days are numbered. After removing all the old switches prep the board with some flux type solder. What I mean by that is there will probably be holes where the old contacts cam out, because they pulled the solder out too. So melt some solder into the holes, once the holes are filled go back and start melting the solder you added and pushing the contacts in. Hold it for a few seconds then make sure it took well to the solder and feels secure. After all 12 are done slap it back together and I bet you 10 bucks it will work like new. Good luck!
Here found the link for you http://www.daytonaturbo.com/12-button-navigator-rebuild