PDA

View Full Version : windshield replacement, some questions

135sohc
07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Over a year ago the car picked up a rock and put a crack across the top of the windshield. I ignored it cause it was out of the way and not a priority.

Well today when I was putting the dashboard back in and tightening the row of bolts on top of the dash and the ratchet handle swung up and finished it off by putting a huge star burst crack dead center in the drivers view.

The current piece of glass was a POS from the day it was installed. not properly glued in (I found SEVERAL gaps and water leaks in the glue bead :mad: ) never looked right and I'm sure is of cheap chinese origin

Mopar glass would be nice but its probably all NS1 by now. What are the brands of glass available for a P body ? The current one is some 'XYG' crap hence the chinese origin suspicion. Does PPG still make glass for this car ?
and the trim around it. mines the original 3 piece stuff and looks like sh!t, is the trim available aftermarket ? If not I have a NOS mopar piece to use but would rather save it for the future when the stuff really gets scarce.

Thanks.

OMNI-Potent
07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
We do offer P Body windsheild kits......

http://www.omnipotentparts.net/product_detail.htm#P%20body%20Windshield (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Thanks!
Greg