PDA

View Full Version : SC 6152 equipped 8V pictures

glhs875
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Here's a couple shots of my engine bay. Now if only the rest of my car didn't look like crap!

mcsvt
05-02-2006, 11:30 AM
That deserves a :banaride: :)

Nice job :thumb:

glhs875
05-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks!

GLHS592
05-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I can't tell by the picture. Is that intake painted or just stripped? Looks great!

glhs875
05-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I can't tell by the picture. Is that intake painted or just stripped? Looks great!

Both. I wanted a reverse color scheme from the valve cover to brighten things up some. Thanks!

2.216VTurbo
05-02-2006, 09:00 PM
What's in the second washer resivoir, Alky?

The engine bay looks fast standing still :evil: all though the stickers are definately a preference thing...

glhs875
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
What's in the second washer resivoir, Alky?

The engine bay looks fast standing still :evil: all though the stickers are definately a preference thing...

It's a coolant overflow tank. I moved it there to make room for an alcohol tank. I've been considering removing the stickers. Iam also going to fabricate some covers for along the sides of the compartment to hide wires & what not. I already had some on the car, but Iam going to make better ones.

Rattlesnake
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I like the neatness of your bay:thumb:

87csx2.4
05-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Looks sweet brian.:thumb:

Ondonti
05-04-2006, 12:21 AM
so when are we gonna get the nude pics of underneath the car so the turbo is visible.

glhs875
05-04-2006, 06:31 AM
so when are we gonna get the nude pics of underneath the car so the turbo is visible.

I'll get around to taking an underneath shot showing the turbo and 4" exhaust.

SwiftTech
05-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Very Nice setup! :thumb:

cordes
05-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Very nice job. What size duct is that going to the turbo? For that matter what size is the inlet on that bad lad?

glhs875
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Very nice job. What size duct is that going to the turbo? For that matter what size is the inlet on that bad lad?

4" duct and 4" inlet (S cover). Iam on the lookout for some better grade intake tubing though. I don't like whats on the car now.

cordes
05-04-2006, 01:08 PM
4" duct and 4" inlet (S cover). Iam on the lookout for some better grade intake tubing though. I don't like whats on the car now.

You are flowing some air for sure!

glhs875
05-04-2006, 03:55 PM
You are flowing some air for sure!

Iam still in the tuning process. But the car is VERY strong at only 10psi. The turbo is a little lazy on the launch, but is getting better as I tune things. I may have to have around 500rpm or so taking out of the torque converter. But with the way that it is right now, if I keep the boost level at 12psi or less, I can lean on the car very hard, in fact all it's got, and it will just hook and go with street tires. I can only make 5psi brake boosting right now. With the turbo, all the port work that I have done, and with a Taft S3 cam, the engine breaths very good up top. Iam defintely going to have to raise the rev limiter above 6650rpm. Shifting at 6400rpm (shift light) to keep from warping the limter, the engine is defintely being shortshifted.

Ground Rat
05-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I like it!

Chris Faulk
05-06-2006, 10:28 AM

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/duct.htm

Best stuff I've found yet. Aircraft grade intake tubing...that's the orange stuff by the way. It comes in long lenghts so I normaly split it with a friend or someone that aso needs intake tubing. :thumb:

Ground Rat
05-06-2006, 02:19 PM

Best stuff I've found yet. Aircraft grade intake tubing...that's the orange stuff by the way. It comes in long lenghts so I normaly split it with a friend or someone that aso needs intake tubing. :thumb:

Will it crush if you accidentally put too much pressure on it?

Chris Faulk
05-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Will it crush if you accidentally put too much pressure on it?

Pressure would blow things up, vacuum would crush things. It's not a pressure line (intercooler) by the way. It's meant for the inlet of the turbo. I've had this stuff on turbo's as big as the one being talked about here. It's made of silicone and wire-bound...it will NOT collapse on on itself.

LynX853
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
it looks great... but I always notice the little things... isnt your strut tower bar more effective when it isnt sideways? i know you wanna show your stickers and stuff, but performance over looks always seems to be a winner.

Chris Faulk
05-06-2006, 06:55 PM
it looks great... but I always notice the little things... isnt your strut tower bar more effective when it isnt sideways? i know you wanna show your stickers and stuff, but performance over looks always seems to be a winner.

The way the strut tower bar is installed now won't affect performance. It is intended to keep the strut towers from flexing in/out and it will certainly do that any way you put it in. :D

I assume it is installed the way it is because of clearance issues.

Ground Rat
05-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Pressure would blow things up, vacuum would crush things. It's not a pressure line (intercooler) by the way. It's meant for the inlet of the turbo. I've had this stuff on turbo's as big as the one being talked about here. It's made of silicone and wire-bound...it will NOT collapse on on itself.

I meant would it crush if you leaned on it? I used a dryer vent hose for my air intake for a short while but it would get crushed too easy and screw up the air flow so I tossed it.

Chris Faulk
05-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I meant would it crush if you leaned on it? I used a dryer vent hose for my air intake for a short while but it would get crushed too easy and screw up the air flow so I tossed it.

I see sorry... :thumb:

Well yeah if you lean on this orange stuff hard enough I guess it would smush. I tell you though I'd like to see what it takes to crush it! The stuff is real tough.

turbovanmanČ
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Looks good. :D

Like Accel do yah, :eyebrows:

I guess being in racing, I see stickers as a sponsor only thing. If I get a wicked deal or free stuff, there sticker goes on. If not, it goes in the trash can. I put all my sponsor decals on my van rear windows, on my bike trailer, and of course, my racebike, :thumb:

Aries_Turbo
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
the orange stuff crushes if you some something like step on it with all your weight.... which wont happen. I too have this stuff on my car. the only thing that I dont like is that it wears easily on the areas where the wires are unless you support it well and keep it from rubbing. no big deal though. if you get a tear or something you can just smear a little red RTV on it and its good as new and you can barely see the fix. :)

Brian

Chris Faulk
05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
the orange stuff crushes if you some something like step on it with all your weight.... which wont happen. I too have this stuff on my car. the only thing that I dont like is that it wears easily on the areas where the wires are unless you support it well and keep it from rubbing. no big deal though. if you get a tear or something you can just smear a little red RTV on it and its good as new and you can barely see the fix. :)

Brian

I was gonna say that but decided just to not.

I had a single piece of this stuff on the same car for 5yrs. It had worn through the wire-bind in a few spots, but never wore through to the inside. Best to route it in a place that won't get rubbed constantly. No so easy, but can be done. :thumb:

The red RTV is so true too Brian! :lol: :eyebrows:

glhs875
05-09-2006, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the link Chris!! :thumb:

glhs875
05-09-2006, 09:26 AM

I can't see how rotating the bar 90 deg. would make that much of a difference. it's on that way for clearence reasons. Not to show off some stickers. My car is not a corner carver anyway, it's set up for drag. And what's the big deal over a few stickers? Who knows, I might make a little money by having some stickers on the car someday! :thumb:

Chris Faulk
05-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the link Chris!! :thumb:

You are very welcome. Always glad to help. :D