PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Omni windshield

Turbo3Iroc
07-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Since my windshield cracked at SDAC I need to ask a few questions about replacing one. I do not intend on doing this myself. Windshields is one of the things I usually leave to the professional. Is there any issues with the trim on the outside bending, breaking, etc? Is it still available? Any other info is deffinately appreciated!

omniac
07-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I've had my windshield out 2 times the past year - but not done by me. I have a tech at the local Chysler dealer do it for me - all it costs me is a large TIMS coffee and it takes him less than 2 minutes. He uses a special tool and a plastic windshield squeegy.

I've tried removing the trim myself at the salvage yard and have had no luck.....so my advice to you is to have someone do it who knows how. I also have a contact at a local SPEEDY AUTO GLASS and he'll do it for me as well.

ShelbyTC16v
07-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't know if there is any more available Kelly. I bought new pieces around 2000 and there was much of anything left. I'd let the windshield person do it as they should have the proper tool.(the molding just snaps right onto clips) You might want to get some new clips before the job though. If they are original clips, some of them could be rusty and break resulting in you not being able to re-use them.

Turbo3Iroc
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
What are these clips? Happen to have a part number?

cordes
07-12-2009, 10:18 PM
What are these clips? Happen to have a part number?

IIRC omni-potent sells a windshield kit for them.

ShelbyTC16v
07-12-2009, 10:20 PM
IIRC omni-potent sells a windshield kit for them.

:thumb:

Turbo3Iroc
07-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes found it. Thank you.