PDA

View Full Version : 87 GLHS "L" body wiring diagrams NEEDED!!!

signsoflife22
07-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I recently purchased my 2nd 87' GLHS "L" body. There are a few mods done to the vehicle but, nothing really "BIG"(yet). First, I need to go through the entire wiring system of the vehicle to check for mistakes. The previous owner has installed an aftermarket voltage regulator as well as an alarm system and stereo system. The alarm and stereo have been removed prior to me purchasing the car. However, there are still some "remnants" of both remaining. I'm a bit of an OCD type of tech. Things just HAVE TO be right or it will keep me up at night(lol). SO, if anyone can offer me the wiring diagrams for the 1987 GLHS "L" body, it would be greatly appreciated. If you only have a few or even one that may help, that would be GREAT. Thanks for everything in advance. Keep on BOOSTIN', Donnie:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the forum! :thumb: post moved to "Parts Wanted" for better visibility.

signsoflife22
07-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks. I'm new to the whole posting thing. But it seems like a VERY useful tool for us turbo nuts! Lead me to the wiring diagrams and the performance upgrades. I'm looking for up grades that can be done through adjustments to the vehicle(ie: timing, waste gate, etc...). Do you know of any thing like that. The car has a stock bottom end with the "Enforcer stage 1" cylinder head from "Forward Motion" and the "Enforcer stage 1" ported two piece intake. It also has an upgraded turbocharger. It seems to top off at about 15-16psi of boost. Obviously I would like a lot more than that. What do you suggest?

BadAssPerformance
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
More boost? Search the forum for boost controller ... just dont forget to add more fuel

BTW, which number GLHS' ya got? Got pics?

signsoflife22
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Absolutely!!! On the fuel(adjustable fuel pressure reg.), and the pics of #0896. here you go man...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o208/signsoflife7/GLHS08963-1.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o208/signsoflife7/GLHS08965.jpg
I have more pics at my CarDomain site here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3339210
Let me know what you think. When I first saw her, I fell in LOVE immediately. When I sold my first GLHS(#0309), I felt like I had lost a part of me. And now I have it back. She's really as nice as she looks too. It's by NO means trick photography. The car is nearly flawless. I mean for being nearly 23 years old, she's a diamond. The clear is starting to lift on the roof and hood but, I'll be replacing the hood soon anyway. And the roof can be painted without painting the entire vehicle.
I would just really like to get out the horsepower that I KNOW is already there. I can feel it when I drive the car. There is just SO-SO much more that the vehicle can do with the equipment it has now. I just have to "tweek" the right adjustments.
Anything you may have to offer(as far as advise goes), would be much appreciated. Thanks again.
Seep-Seep,
Donnie

Marcus86GLHS
07-16-2009, 05:10 AM
very nice S.

for your wiring diagrams, go to ebay and search for a 3-volume set of factory service manuals (they will be grey w/ red lettering on the cover)...you will want the set that includes 1987 L-body of course...they come up for sale often...one of those volumes is dedicated to wiring front to back.

signsoflife22
07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
WOW, thanks again. I should've thought of that one myself. I'm ALWAYS finding stuff on e-Bay. My house looks like a "pack-rat" lives here(lol). But, I'm one of those guys who is always saying, "you never know when you'll need this".
Talk to you later.
Seep-Seep,
Donnie

signsoflife22
07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
WOW, thanks again. I should've thought of that one myself. I'm ALWAYS finding stuff on e-Bay. My house looks like a "pack-rat" lives here(lol). But, I'm one of those guys who is always saying, "you never know when you'll need this".
Talk to you later.
Seep-Seep,
Donnie