PDA

View Full Version : Question About Custom Calibrations

Dusty_Duster
07-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm seriously considering getting one of your custom calibrations for my Duster, which has an engine and computer from a 1990 2.5 Turbo I. I've done a lot of mods to it (intercooler, big cams, larger throttle body, mild port and polish, etc.), and sometimes the stock computer acts like it doesn't quite no what to do with all the air I'm cramming into it, especially at partial throttle.

If I give you guys a call and tell you the list of my mods, can you make a calibration that is customized to my particular engine?

glhs727
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
yes, just call us, and we can set you up with a cal.

89FerrariShelby
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I actually had a similar question, and didn't want to waste space with a new thread.

Would it be in any way possible (or worth it) to Drive my car down there and have a custom cal made for the way it runs?

I ask this because a while back when my car was built the builder (Cliff R.) put in a comp from you guys. Everything was great except i had no cold start. The car wouldn't start until the 5th try no matter what i did.

I think we tried one or two adjustments to the cal, but it was never fixed. I recently had a local person do a cal and the cold start issue is gone.

However, when pulling the head to replace the headgasket i noticed i had pitted heads and worn pistons. Everyone i talk to swears by your guys cals (Cliff, Scotty, ect). I'm a little squeamish just because of the cold start, but the damage to my engine is an indication something isn't right. Since i know of multiple instances w/ people using your cals with no issue i'm definetly willing to give it another go.

My thought was if i brought it down there you could see it first hand and i could be relatively sure that the engine was running right (for the first time ever, i think). I'm just tired of having spent all this money on the car and it has never been running 100%.

This isn't/wasn't intended to be a knock on you guys, you were calibrating a cal from TX for a car in CT. At this point i'm just trying to do anything to get some reliability/performance out of a car i've sunk way too much money in.

glhs727
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Yes, you can bring the car to us, and have us custom tune your cal on the dyno.

Bbneon95
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
The Stage 5 for the cars is very good. I reccommend it. I have one on 20 psi atm. You can go to 29 ect and lower. It gives for good range. Just give the cal time to learn and set in and I am sure you will be happy.

89FerrariShelby
09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, you can bring the car to us, and have us custom tune your cal on the dyno.

Ok, i'll be contacting you next spring (car is done for the year i think).

Thanks for the response!