PDA

View Full Version : Cuts out

wrecker
05-01-2006, 06:48 PM
I have been working on my 89 spirit 2.5 turbo. I bought it with a blown head gasket. Replaced that and had some problems getting it sorted out. At around 3000 rpm while acceralting it will miss real bad. I found that i loose power between coil and dist when this happens. Only the briefest of second. I have replaced coil, hall effect, map, cap, rotor, wires, plugs and fuel filter. The cam timing has been checked by me and a mechanic. Fuel presure is within range. I have checked vacume routing. The oringinal ones broke and I replaced as per diagram as best I could do. Went as far as to get some off a junked car.I am at the end of my rope with this car.:mad:

mw6886
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Check the TPS.
Are you getting any codes?

wrecker
05-02-2006, 07:59 PM
No codes. I will check on Friday.

MiniMopar
05-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, if there are no codes, it's probably not overboost or a limp-in condition, unless the whole system is losing power and resetting the ECU. I would put a meter on the coil, turn on the ignition and start moving around harnesses to see if you have an intetmittent somewhere.

WVRampage
05-06-2006, 12:46 PM
sounds like a loose conection some were in the wiring.

wrecker
05-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I have tried everything. Talked to a guy a dodge dealer and tried his ideas. I just want rid of it at thais point. Lots of good parts. Will sell cheap. just make offer.

Dave
05-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Take the ends of the coil and polish them with some sand paper. Do the same to the receivers from the wires. I've found that if you don't have a good connection, you will lose it. :D

Turbodave
05-22-2006, 03:55 PM
I've seen them overboost cutout without leaving a code. Is there a boost guage in the car? Does it do it more when at part throttle under load, or full throttle?