PDA

View Full Version : Mopars at Indy Event June 2-4th!!!

fleckster
05-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Anyone planning on going? Should be a great event since IRP has so much room compared to National Trail Raceway outside Columbus where the Mopar Nats are held. I was thinking of going all three days and camping in the campgrounds right next to the track. We can even enter our vehicles in Non-Judged and they even have a Club Challenge! Let's do some meeting up! How about those that have expressed some interest in an Indy SDAC Chapter in the past? If we can't get people to show up for something like this then we might as well forget it! How about a show of who might attend!

www.moparsatindy.com

Clay
05-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Im planning on going even though Im pissed at the guys who put the show on (well, one in particular, he is the reason that the Chrysler Classic event is not going to be in Indy this year).

clay

crazyace
05-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Sorry man, I tore down my 90 Baron to get the headgasket replaced, upgrade the cooling system, and add an aftermarket intercooler. It is looking like it will not get finished till just before the Classic in Columbus (June 16-18) which I had already taken time off from work to attend. I wish I would have known about this a few months earlier, or could have started work on the Lebaron earlier. I will try to keep an eye out next year, that is all I can do now.

fleckster
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
You don't have to have your LeBaron to be present! All you need is you! You can show up in a Brand X if it gets you here and back. They won't let you enter the gate with it but you can get a spectator pass.

Tony Fields
05-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Will come up on Sat. the 3rd.......Leaving the 4th to go down to Perry, GA. to join the Hot Rod Power Tour.

John, I will look you up when I get there. I'll be in the Red Shelby Z

sdac guy
05-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Im planning on going even though Im pissed at the guys who put the show on (well, one in particular, he is the reason that the Chrysler Classic event is not going to be in Indy this year).

clayYou're aware that Jeff Johnson sold Classic Events last year, right? I don't think he is associated with it at all anymore.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm already pre-registered for the Carrol Shelby Show at Volo June 3rd...

daytonachad
05-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a plan, I hope to have the 88 GTC sold by then and doubt the 89 GTC will be ready... but I may just come down in the SS/T.. to observe and let's try and get an Indy chapter going!

Clay
05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
You're aware that Jeff Johnson sold Classic Events last year, right? I don't think he is associated with it at all anymore.

Barry

It has nothing to do with the owner of the Classic Events. There are three guys who run the Mopars at Indy event. One of which is the same guy who runs the Monster Mopar weekend. He told IRP that Indy wasn't big enough for 2 mopar shows, and that they wanted to be the only show, and that they wanted the Classic Events people gone. SO, IRP caved, and told the classic events guys "bye bye".

crazyace
05-09-2006, 11:31 PM
John, what I was saying in my post is that I have all my funds going into just getting that Lebaron ready for the Classic. I could easily drive my Duster there, just not enough funds for that and getting to the classic.

sdac guy
05-10-2006, 04:16 AM
That's interesting about IRP Clay. IRP was the first choice for the SRT Nats, and was even announced as the venue early on in planning. But IRP wouldn't return their phone calls, so Topeka was then announced as the location for the SRT nats.

As a footnote about Jeff & Classic events, I see Jeff kept the rights to the Neo-Fest at Columbus. I just got a card from him in the mail this week promoting the event.

Barry

Clay
05-10-2006, 08:23 AM
That's interesting about IRP Clay. IRP was the first choice for the SRT Nats, and was even announced as the venue early on in planning. But IRP wouldn't return their phone calls, so Topeka was then announced as the location for the SRT nats.

As a footnote about Jeff & Classic events, I see Jeff kept the rights to the Neo-Fest at Columbus. I just got a card from him in the mail this week promoting the event.

Barry

yeah, I know. And my info is from the classic events people, as well as friends who work with the other group of promotors. both stories are the same, just different emotions one way or the other.

3Bar_Mopar
05-11-2006, 12:55 AM
I'll be there....already requested off work for it. :thumb:

fleckster
05-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Okay so it is about a week away now. Let's get a list of who is planning on attending and also work out plans for meeting up, hanging out, where we might be staying (anyone still up for camping?), etc. Any of the OVC guys thinking of coming up and checking things out?

fleckster
05-29-2006, 04:47 PM
:bump2:

daytonachad
05-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I dont know if I'll be ther or not, I just sold both my GTC verts and my 4x4...
So of course I had to restock... I bought another Ram and have to go get it this weekend!
So if I dont make it, you guys have a good one....
;)

3Bar_Mopar
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
I should stilll be there.

fleckster
06-02-2006, 03:38 AM
Looks like very little interest. I'll be down there Saturday. If anyone else is there that day and wants to meet up call me at (765) 437-0442.

Clay
06-02-2006, 09:01 AM
well, if I go it will be Sunday morning. Odviously Im not there today, tomorrow Ive got stuff going on, because on Sunday I have to fly out for business, SO Ill probably stop by on the way out.