PDA

View Full Version : Belvidere Mopar Happening July 18th and 19th

SebringLX
07-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Mr Norm's will be there!

Flyer here: http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/events/2009/rvc/BMH_flyer_2009_V3.doc

2nd Page of Flyer: http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/events/2009/rvc/BMH_flyer_2009_page_2_V2.doc

Be there! :thumb:

Dodge Aries K
07-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I will be there! Highest mileage Neon most likely as well ;)

Turbodave
07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll be there with the Shadow and possibly the Ram too.

BadAssPerformance
07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Will be there with the Z or CSX! Depends on racing at Byron on Sat or not...

This reminds me I need to call the hotel!

Dodge Aries K
07-07-2009, 05:45 PM
So will the local SDAC meeting just be out here then on the 18th?

BadAssPerformance
07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Thats the plan :thumb:

SebringLX
07-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Will be there with the Z or CSX! Depends on racing at Byron on Sat or not...

This reminds me I need to call the hotel!

No need for a hotel... I have a spare room and an air matress if you (or any Chicago SDAC guys coming from further away) need a place to stay that weekend. I'm 30 minutes west of the fairgrounds where the show will be, and 15 miles north of Byron.

dodgeman87
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah,
I got a call Sunday to help on Sat. the 18th for a couple of hours at admissions booth. Boy time is flying !

Jim

89ShelbyGuy
07-08-2009, 02:38 PM
The 18th?!?!?! Already? holy crap, i thought it was at the end of the month....Hum...will the shelby make it.....hum.....i might trailer queen it up to the place...i've put probally only like 20 miles since the rebuild on it...

BadAssPerformance
07-08-2009, 03:35 PM
No need for a hotel... I have a spare room and an air matress if you (or any Chicago SDAC guys coming from further away) need a place to stay that weekend. I'm 30 minutes west of the fairgrounds where the show will be, and 15 miles north of Byron.

Thanks for the offer! Ummm... do you have room for 6-12 of us and would your neighbors mind if we drank in the parking lot all night long?

89ShelbyGuy
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the offer! Ummm... do you have room for 6-12 of us and would your neighbors mind if we drank in the parking lot all night long?

Huh....JT, don't forget about the space needed for a Beer pong table :eyebrows:

SebringLX
07-08-2009, 04:29 PM

I'll just avoid the room if 6-12 of you gazers are going to be spooning in there. :lol: More than enough room for that many if people want to bring their own sleeping bags and sleep on the floor. I have 1 large room with no furniture in it, and another with only a couch, recliner, and TV in it, plenty of floor space in that room, plus a 4th bedroom that just has a small computer desk in it. There's also a sectional couch with pull out bed sitting in the basement. I moved from a 3 bedroom 1200 sq ft house to a 4 bedroom 2400 sq ft (3600 sq ft if you included the unfinished basement) house, and haven't bought any extra furniture, so I have tons of extra space right now.

I don't have neighbors on one side, neighbors on the other side are cool and wouldn't care. Can drink on the back patio all night. Room for at least 4 cars in my driveway, and maybe 4-6 more in the empty house next door plus room on the street.

SebringLX
07-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Huh....JT, don't forget about the space needed for a Beer pong table :eyebrows:

That can either go in the garage, basement, or on the patio. :eyebrows:

89ShelbyGuy
07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
This sounds better then the hotel! last time we got rained out..:(. Then we gazed it up in a hotel room..lol.....good times..good times...

SebringLX
07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
This sounds better then the hotel! last time we got rained out..:(. Then we gazed it up in a hotel room..lol.....good times..good times...

No burn outs in front of my house though! :p There's a pool, lake with a beach, and a golf course in my sub division though. I'm not into golfing, but I'm sure those who are could play a round.

TurboRon25
07-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Any cute neighbors? ...we can leave Alex at home, or at the Jewish wedding.

Ron

89ShelbyGuy
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
No burn outs in front of my house though! :p There's a pool, lake with a beach, and a golf course in my sub division though. I'm not into golfing, but I'm sure those who are could play a round.

Thats fine..i'll just do it in front of the neigbors house :thumb: :p

SebringLX
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
:bump2:

What's the plan guys? What time is everybody meeting up where?

89ShelbyGuy
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Dont know....probally drive out there sat mourning around 11 like we did last year....i will be driving the shelby and my buddy will be driven my truck. it better not down pour this year...

So since you passed your pt test...its time to celebrate right....should i just bring a keg of beer? :thumb:

JT...Dave...beer pong table this year?

SebringLX
07-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Dont know....probally drive out there sat mourning around 11 like we did last year....i will be driving the shelby and my buddy will be driven my truck. it better not down pour this year...

So since you passed your pt test...its time to celebrate right....should i just bring a keg of beer? :thumb:

JT...Dave...beer pong table this year?

Yes, but I don't really drink beer... more of a liquor person. :nod:

Well if everybody isn't getting to the fairgrounds until around 11 on Saturday, I guess I'll roll out of bed at like 10:30 and head over. :lol:

89ShelbyGuy
07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes, but I don't really drink beer... more of a liquor person. :nod:

Well if everybody isn't getting to the fairgrounds until around 11 on Saturday, I guess I'll roll out of bed at like 10:30 and head over. :lol:

Even better! Cranberry/vodka's?

ATaylorRacing
07-13-2009, 05:22 PM
While you guys are there can you PLEASE try and get your hands on build sheets for the 84 Plymouth Horizon, especially the ones that went out the door with the HO 110 hp package (84 made is the figure most quoted) and on top of that...RADIO delete!!! I have a cash reward waiting......

I wish I could take old Matchbox back home, but I am in a tight points race at Indy and will be there both days...gotta make money somehow!

ATaylorRacing
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh yeah, the four door version. I heard 84 total of 2 and 4 drs.

BadAssPerformance
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Angelo, its not at the plant anymore so we are outt of luck for ya :(

As for Saturday, anyone planning to go to Byron to race?

89ShelbyGuy
07-14-2009, 08:09 AM
i might blow my shelby up jt...lol...i wanted to go last year, but for some reason we didn't....are you gonna go...and what time?

BadAssPerformance
07-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Not sure, gotta go look it up on CMC's website

SebringLX
07-14-2009, 09:27 AM
If someone can help me get this stupid bolt back on my O2 housing, and help me figure out my sudden boost problem, I'm down for it.

If the racing is happening first, I'd rather just go to Byron first, Belvidere is the opposite direction.

BadAssPerformance
07-14-2009, 10:08 AM
The same one I put back in at Dave's? Need a lock washer or something?

Byron would be Saturday, then Belvidere cruise night saturday night, Then show Sunday...

Josh, PM me your e-mail addy, we're talking about this on the SDAC-CL mailing list too :thumb:

89ShelbyGuy
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM
ahhh..josh...you best be there! i rushed with my shelby build just for you :p
j/k.....

I am DEF down with the cruise night...last time we kinda missed it all...i am kinda ify on the racing...my shelby isn't tuned yet.....don't know if i wanna rip it down the track just yet...i'd go for watching...now, my ram....i'd probally race that beast..lol

i gotta get some last things done on the shelby...some painting here and there..new intake...wiring...blah..blah..blah...

SebringLX
07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
The same one I put back in at Dave's? Need a lock washer or something?

Byron would be Saturday, then Belvidere cruise night saturday night, Then show Sunday...

Josh, PM me your e-mail addy, we're talking about this on the SDAC-CL mailing list too :thumb:
Might be the same one, bottom one that kind of goes up against the pipe.. it came completely out. I have a new bolt for it, and a lock washer too, I just can't seem to get it in there.

ahhh..josh...you best be there! i rushed with my shelby build just for you :p
j/k.....

I am DEF down with the cruise night...last time we kinda missed it all...i am kinda ify on the racing...my shelby isn't tuned yet.....don't know if i wanna rip it down the track just yet...i'd go for watching...now, my ram....i'd probally race that beast..lol

i gotta get some last things done on the shelby...some painting here and there..new intake...wiring...blah..blah..blah...
Oh I'll be at the show for sure, racing is just up in the air right now.

BadAssPerformance
07-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah that one was hard to start :(

SebringLX
07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Gates open at 9 AM at Byron on Saturday. If I can get my issues taken care of on Friday, maybe I'll see everybody at Byron.

If I don't make it to Byron, I'll see everybody at the Cruise night in Belvidere at 4 PM.

89ShelbyGuy
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Man...chance of rain (30%) where i live on saturday...ERRRR! but belivdere looks to still be clear...i hate washing the car then getting rained on..and having to clean it again...damnit...

SebringLX
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah looks nice out here for the weekend. Saturday should be great for racing, highs in the upper 60's, lows in the mid 50's. Humidity at 64%. Going to be a little windy though, but otherwise great racing weather. Very cool for July!

Just wash your car when you get to Belvidere, there's a car wash on State Street just down the road from the fairgrounds. Or bring it over and use my hose. I'll make you wash mine too if you do that. :p

blk86trbo
07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Man I'd sure love to meet with you guys this weekend since I missed SDAC, but I'm all booked up! Got a wedding reception Saturday, and Sunday morning I'm leaving for Minnesota! Guess I'll see you all at the August meeting :(

SebringLX
07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Man I'd sure love to meet with you guys this weekend since I missed SDAC, but I'm all booked up! Got a wedding reception Saturday, and Sunday morning I'm leaving for Minnesota! Guess I'll see you all at the August meeting :(

That sucks! I thought we'd get to see one of your latest finds. Enjoy your weekend, have a safe trip!

89ShelbyGuy
07-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah looks nice out here for the weekend. Saturday should be great for racing, highs in the upper 60's, lows in the mid 50's. Humidity at 64%. Going to be a little windy though, but otherwise great racing weather. Very cool for July!

Just wash your car when you get to Belvidere, there's a car wash on State Street just down the road from the fairgrounds. Or bring it over and use my hose. I'll make you wash mine too if you do that. :p

Ah...i thought you said there was going to be a bikini car wash at the house!?!?! :p

Yea paul...what the hell..i was going to sneak off with your lastest....you iroc hog!

SebringLX
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Ah...i thought you said there was going to be a bikini car wash at the house!?!?! :p

Yea paul...what the hell..i was going to sneak off with your lastest....you iroc hog!

Nah that was JT... he said something about selling all his TMs, buying a new Camaro, and washing it for you wearing a yellow bikini. :lol:

blk86trbo
07-16-2009, 12:27 PM
That sucks! I thought we'd get to see one of your latest finds. Enjoy your weekend, have a safe trip!

Thanks Josh, we'll have a good time...I'll catch some nice clean fish for you!

You could get in line for my newest acquisition...at this time, there is one other party that is potentially interested!

89ShelbyGuy
07-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Nah that was JT... he said something about selling all his TMs, buying a new Camaro, and washing it for you wearing a yellow bikini. :lol:

i think i have blocked that out of my head...cause i couldn't even imagine it!:faint:

SebringLX
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
i think i have blocked that out of my head...cause i couldn't even imagine it!:faint:

The scary part is you were TRYING to imagine it. :wow1:

Turbodave
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM

Daytona is the Camaro of the Turbo-mopar world...:lol:

89ShelbyGuy
07-16-2009, 01:00 PM
The scary part is you were TRYING to imagine it. :wow1:

How did i know someone would say that...??.....i was exerising my brain......it doesn't go that far...which is a good thing.....a beutyful girl in a yellow bikini was the only thing i could picture! :p :thumb:

Dodge Aries K
07-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Paul, catch alot of good fish. I'm hungry!

No man-bikini's please at the show... leave exotic swimwear to the ladies...

Is there going to be a designated section for just FWD or will it be sectioned off for Neons then the K-based cars?

89ShelbyGuy
07-16-2009, 07:59 PM
WTF..i am pissed...backed my car out of the garage today to find some wet spots on the concrete....i am like...WTF...antifreeze? Nope! jack the car up and from the looks of it, my back passenger side oilpan gasket is seeping...WTF...my power steering line is kinda wet...but the fluid doesn't smell like power steering fluid...so i am suspecting my oil pan is seeping....i tighted down the bolts alittle more and wiped the little bit of oil up...its not that bad at all but i am pissed cause thats a brand new gasket....wtf...

i just painted the last of the things i wanna paint today, but the paint is drying..so i gotta wait till tommorow to go for a drive....damn cars...all that work....and its leaking...

SebringLX
07-17-2009, 10:33 AM
So either tow it up here behind your truck, or make sure you have some extra fluids with you when you drive it up here. :p

My wife has an interview at 4 PM tomorrow, so looks like I'll miss the cruise in Belvidere. I have to be home to watch the kids while she has her interview. Might still be able to make the one at 6PM at Anderson Dodge in Rockford. Going to try and make sure the car is running good tonight, if it's running good, I should be able to go to Byron from 9 AM to 2:30 PM. I wil be at the show on Sunday for sure.

89ShelbyGuy
07-17-2009, 10:43 AM
HA...hell no..i am driving that beast up there..some little seepage isn't going to stop me! i'll rtv it up tonight...lol...

SebringLX
07-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Now my wife is cancelling this interview tomorrow since she just had one today and they are offering her a position on an on-call basis. I guess she looked into the interview tomorrow and it sounds like a scam... so probably back on for cruise night in Belvidere.

BadAssPerformance
07-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Yaaaawn, damn its early for a Saturday :)

Gotta go load the truck and trailer up... heading out to Byron ASAP!

Then to the fairgrounds or cruise nights (pending how early we get going from Byron) and then to the hotel and then party, then a nap then to the show tomorrow at the fairgrounds! :thumb:

Hope we get a good turnout of Turbo Mopars so we can get a nice group picture at the end of the show tomorrow like we did last year!

SebringLX
07-19-2009, 09:45 PM
My pics from the show today here: http://www.aerospheric.com/Belvidere

Congrats to Kyle and JT on their 1st Place wins!

I took home 3rd for Stock 95+ FWD, only 5 cars in the class. I think I was supposed to be in FWD Modified with JT, I just went where they told me to go, oh well.

BadAssPerformance
07-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Josh, congrats to you and Kyle too! and everyone who came out! :nod:

Great times at Byron Dragway Saturday, the Crusie night at Anderson Dodge Saturday evening, parking lot party Saturday night and Car show at Belvidere Sunday! :nod:

89ShelbyGuy
07-19-2009, 11:48 PM
yea. it was a good time meeting the new faces, sorry i couldn't make it out today...had fun at the drag strip and cruise..even though it rained alittle bit....but it turned out well....the shelby made it home with no issues....

and JT, cant come to nats..damnit...i checked the dates and on the 8th is my first cousins wedding...damnit...i would of went too...it sounded like alotta fun...

anyone have any pics of the only t-top daytona that drives out to these meets?!?!? :eyebrows:

BadAssPerformance
07-20-2009, 12:04 AM
I got a bunch of pics to upload... several of the t-top car cruising around :thumb:

Bummer you cant amke it to the Nats, mayeb next year :thumb:

SebringLX
07-20-2009, 09:18 AM
yea. it was a good time meeting the new faces, sorry i couldn't make it out today...had fun at the drag strip and cruise..even though it rained alittle bit....but it turned out well....the shelby made it home with no issues....

and JT, cant come to nats..damnit...i checked the dates and on the 8th is my first cousins wedding...damnit...i would of went too...it sounded like alotta fun...

anyone have any pics of the only t-top daytona that drives out to these meets?!?!? :eyebrows:

I wanted to get a couple at the cruise night, but my phone was dead by then. :( Your car was looking great!

Hairy Kyle
07-20-2009, 09:59 AM
congrats to all thanks for the votes it was a great turn out this year. hopefully next year i will get my car done

BadAssPerformance
07-21-2009, 11:50 PM
For those that stuck around for pictures... :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
07-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Some video from Byron...

Byron Mopar Day BadAssPerformance Shelby Z 12.45 @ 110mph - 15psi - missed 3rd - Mitsubishi!? WF!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVex4Cn078

Byron Mopar Day BadAssPerformance Shelby Z 11.73 @ 123mph - 26psi - missed 3rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISe71pD2G6w

Byron Mopar Day BadAssPerformance Shelby Z 11.83 @ 115mph - 17psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8G9_6wiDVI

Byron Mopar Day Jeremy's C-SRT-4 13.83 @ 100mph - Stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noxW9kXtHs4