PDA

View Full Version : Window scrapers / felt - omni

omniac
07-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Anyone here know how to safely remove the felt that goes inside the window frames (where the glass sits)? - these are the ones that the glass sits in on the left/right and top sides.

I already have the belt moulding scrapers off the car

Turbodave
07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
They just pull out of the channel, have to just be careful not to tear them if they are old and dry.

Omni-Potent is making new ones, so if you do rip the old ones pulling them out there is an option.

T-Bohn
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I went to omni potents website and didn't see the felt....

Is this something unlisted, work in progress.

I really need a a full set of this as well. I just spent 3500 miles with the wind howling in my ear !

I ended up with ear plugs in I just couldn't take it anymore.

don't get me started on the rain that i dealt with in Pa. i think the water has only now drained out of my ear.

fishcleaner
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
JC Whitney has universal channel, I did mine years ago and can't remember what one I used, but it worked good
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009944/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2009944/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=window+channel

OMNI-Potent
07-07-2009, 12:07 AM
I went to omni potents website and didn't see the felt....

Is this something unlisted, work in progress.

I really need a a full set of this as well. I just spent 3500 miles with the wind howling in my ear !

I ended up with ear plugs in I just couldn't take it anymore.

don't get me started on the rain that i dealt with in Pa. i think the water has only now drained out of my ear.

Actually, these are a new product we introduced at SDAC. We will have them on the website in a few days. Just trying to finalize the information.

We have the window channel kit (inside the door frame felt) for $100 for all 4 doors.

If you can wait a few days more detail will be on the website. If you need them sooner than later, PM me. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks!
Greg

T-Bohn
07-07-2009, 12:42 AM
cool good to hear

i must have missed it at the show last week....

consider me in line for a full set...

gene

omniac
07-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Actually, these are a new product we introduced at SDAC. We will have them on the website in a few days. Just trying to finalize the information.

We have the window channel kit (inside the door frame felt) for $100 for all 4 doors.

If you can wait a few days more detail will be on the website. If you need them sooner than later, PM me. Sorry for the delay!

Thanks!
Greg

EXCELLENT.......hoping to scrounge up some $$ to have this done over the winter months.....having just spent $$$$$$$ on a complete paint job I'm abit short on $$