PDA

View Full Version : Huge thanks!

supercrackerbox
07-04-2009, 03:40 AM
I'd just like to take a moment to express my extreme gratitude for those who helped me out when the Charger broke down on the way back after the drag races.

First, to the guy in the newer Charger (didn't catch your name), Dave with the black Shelby Z, and the Reeves family for pulling over to assist, and eventually push the car onto the trailer and give Ray and I rides back,

Dave Tekampe, JT, and Bill Gamalski for spending some time helping us chase wires,

John (minigts) for having all the wiring diagrams hosted on here,

Wes (86sees) for hooking me up with the employee discounts on parts,

Ray for carting me around to parts stores,

and last but certainly not least, Fleck for bringing the trailer out to drag my sorry pile back to the hotel. I'm still amazed at how fast you had her strapped down and ready to go.

And to everyone else for their support and encouraging words. I'm truly grateful to everyone for making this another unforgettable experience. I hope to see you all again next year, hopefully without as many mishaps!

BadAssPerformance
07-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Anytime Adam, glad you were able to make it home safely! :thumb:

I think that is what is great about this community, helping each other in need... maybe cuz we've all been there and appreciated when others helped us, so we return the favor to others in need! :clap:

Clay
07-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I still remember how quickly that 'new' wire turned into a sparkler when you first tried to fix it on the on-ramp! 12" of glowing embers in a matter of seconds!

supercrackerbox
07-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, after that, the fire extinguisher rode shotgun the whole way home. ;)

86Shelby
07-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Yes, thank you to all that Adam listed! The help was certainly appreciated. :)

fleckster
07-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Adam, you are more than welcome for the rescue! That's what friends are for, man! It's also the reason I bought my truck and the trailer in the first place. I got tired of breaking and having to borrow or rent stuff to get my vehicles back home to fix them. I'm just glad you were able to sort it out and get it fixed. We always try to tell people to come to SDAC events and not worry about having problems. There is always plently of help and knowledge to get it straightened out and back running again.

I believe the guy in the newer Charger was Reeves' dad. (His mom was in the SRT-4.)