PDA

View Full Version : New Steel City Chapter President

DC Turismo
07-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Good morning to all. I'd like to make the announcement that after much consideration and talks, I am going forth with passing the leadership role of the SWPA-SDAC to Dan Franzetta, Jr. With graduate school beginning last week, planning my wedding, which is just about a year away, and preparing to teach mathematics this upcoming school year (a lot more time consuming than my positions in the past two years), my life has become far too busy to enjoy this hobby neither to the extent nor with the enthusiasm that I have in the past. This week's SDAC served as the fourth SDAC I was a part of in the last five years The first SDAC I attended was the same year our club was established - 2005, and it took place in Cincinatti, OH. This year's SDAC-19 location was the same, so I felt that would be a good note to end my term on.

I feel Dan is going to do many great things with the club due to his enthusiastic involvement in this hobby. I am proud to know he'll be leading the enthusiasts from this area and expect that he will post a speech or something to that nature at some point today in order to get into touch with all of you about our change. I will still make myself available to help Dan with any questions or concerns that he may have as a new President. I will also be keeping the club website up and running (if I ever get my computer back, going on three and a half weeks now) with updates that Dan provides me with to include. In addition, the venues to contact me will still always be open for anyone in the club to get ahold of me.

I would like to thank any and everyone who helped me along the way these last four or five years throughout my time as President, especially Barry Goodall, Craig St. Pierre, Jay Jordan, Greg Thewes, Dave Lucidi (decals), Frank Katzenberger (webspace), and many members of the SWPA-SDAC. I accomplished many personal goals that I set out to do upon having our club started up, such as constructing a club website, networking with a number of fine individuals from across the nation, and most notably holding a National SDAC convention in town here. I am looking forward to seeing what Dan can bring to the table and continue to make the Steel City Chapter successful.

Thank you to all for your support, and please be patient with us as we finalize this change in leadership.

Darkapollo
07-02-2009, 11:15 AM
:clap:

minigts
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Man I gotta tell ya. I don't know hardly that much about your chapter, mainly because I stay on this board and don't go too far from it. But from what I know of you and have experienced from meeting you, I've been very impressed with your attitude and your passion for the community. You and your brother both are great examples of detail and passion for the cars, so I'm sure the chapter will definitely miss your leadership.

Good luck with the school, wedding and your future in teaching. I know you'll do well at all three. And the next time you come to Memphis to steal, er, pick up and eBay car, give us a shout. ;) Just giving you a hard time.

turbojerk
07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I like Dan! WOOT!:D

black86glhs
07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Classy way to end the term Billy.:thumb:
Dan Jr should be able to handle it.:nod:

BadAssPerformance
07-02-2009, 05:34 PM
You did a good job Billy, way to pass the torch :clap:

And congrats and good luck to Dan! :clap: He's a good guy with a great passion for these cars and cool to hang out with too :thumb: ...cuz its not all about the cars :nod:

Gearhead24-7
07-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats on everything you've got going on there Billy! Hopefully you won't be too busy to catch a cruise every once in a while.:thumb:

Congrats on the promotion Dan, I believe you're gonna do very well. :hail:

jaysshelby
07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I give props to Billy for all he has accomplished, and I know Dan will continue to do the same. The Steel City Chapter has a good group of guys supporting the community. Congrats Dan, if you need anything let me know.

glhturbo1985
07-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks for all of the encouragement. It's a large role to fill, but I've been pretty active these past 2 years doing lots of legwork trying to get more chapter members involved as I was Administrative Assistant, and Secretary for a short term. As President, I hope to only broaden the vicinity of the Chapter members and plan roaming events/meetings every month or two to keep people involved. I believe that local meetings and greetings are what established this Chapter. I hope to refresh the local enthusiasm and keep it real!

Thanks for all the offers for help. I'll hold you up to them when the time comes:thumb:
This isn't a one man Army

Blue Iroc R/T
07-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Congrats Billy on everything you have done for your Chapter and Good Luck with all your future plans. Hope to still catch you at some of the car shows.

Congrats to Dan, (I just met at Carlisle), after meeting you I am sure you are up to the challenge and will do a great job for the Chapter. Good Luck!