PDA

View Full Version : neon brake lights

tthcare
07-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Working on my daughters 98 neon. Drivers side brake light was out. I replaced the bulb without checking the old. Still did not work after replacing.
So I pulled the back seat down and checked the wire there, and there was no current when brake pedal depressed.
Now I went to some forums and read that the brakes on the left and right run throught the turn signal switch. So I replaced it and throught that was going to be the fix. NO it did not work.
What would be my next place to check? The brake light and turn signal do not work on the drivers side. I get a rapid flash with front left when turned on. The right rear brake did not work one evening but the next morning it was ok. I also read that the middle brake light on the trunk lid is not run through the turn signal switch. The truck brake light works. Where is the wire harness run from the front to the back? Down the center or on the left or right side? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

shadow88
07-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the wiring is run down the driver's rocker.

You've checked for power AND ground at the rear light socket?
You replace the bulb with the exact same one that it calls for (3157, I think?)
You didn't replace the reverse light by accident? I've seen more than 1 licensed tech do that!