PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: coilover for L-body

spiro440
07-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Looking for coilovers to fit my GLH.
No ebay mixed and matched parts please.

minigts
07-01-2009, 10:00 PM
If you don't find a kit, there is a pretty good thread on www.boostedmopar.com about using Neon suspension parts that will allow for coil overs. Just an option to consider if you can't find a set made for our cars. Not sure who would sell theirs though, unless the car they were on was wrecked.

spiro440
07-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Kind of hard to find.
Haven't seen any for a long time.
I wounder how the neon set up would handle on a track?
I will give it a look to see if I can find some race coilovers for a neon on the club forums and ebay. But I would like to know if anybody has tried this set-up on the track.
Also i've read here and there that Talon fwd 1g would fit, but no real thread on the swap!!?

85shelbycharger
07-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Order the Koni/Eibach coilover setup from Cindy at FWD Performance. I just put them on my SC and love 'em!

minigts
07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Order the Koni/Eibach coilover setup from Cindy at FWD Performance. I just put them on my SC and love 'em!

If she still has them in stock, I would. The kit was somewhere in the neighborhood of $900-1000, but they are built for our cars, so it's well worth it. You get everything you need; struts, springs, seats, hats. They will bolt directly into where the factory ones go. :)

spiro440
07-04-2009, 01:58 PM
If she still has them in stock, I would. The kit was somewhere in the neighborhood of $900-1000, but they are built for our cars, so it's well worth it. You get everything you need; struts, springs, seats, hats. They will bolt directly into where the factory ones go. :)

I ordered parts from Cindy this week and to her about the coilovers. She has them in stock. Honestly I would love to have them but they are about 500$ to much for me. At 1500$ US plus the conversion to canadien $ plus the shipping I'm at the 2000$ ball park. At 1500 $ canadien I would hurt but probably go for them. I'm not saying that they are not worth it. It's just a bit out of reach for me. I have dumped a lot of money into it this year and I am looking for a break.

minigts
07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I guess prices went up? I did buy mine about 3 years ago, so I should have checked their site before commenting on the price. :$