PDA

View Full Version : Questions about LeBaron front suspension

eduhernan
06-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Hello,
My '87 LeBaron has the front struts in really bad condition, it needs an urgent replacement. So, before start to buy anything and dismantle the car, I have some questions.
I think actual struts are still from factory, never replaced. It is possible to recharge them? I've seen some Monroe strut at good prices. If finally I buy the Monroes, I will need an specific Monroe strut mounts or could I leave Chrysler's? And I don't know if all LeBarons have the same struts, are the same for the Convertible and for the GTS?

And about another topic. My car emit a "clak" loud noise when riding I pass a litle hole on the road, and my mechanic said me it's from the sway bar bushings, they are very bad. I've been looking for and found some, but I don't know if my sway bar is diameter 7/8", 15/16" or any other that I've seen. What can I do??

Thank you very much!
Eduardo

crazymadbastard
06-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Replace the struts, no you can't recharge them. You can reuse the originals if in good shape. The struts should be the same for coupe or convertible, get new rear shocks to match- very easy. You should get new strut top mounts too, those get really bad. for the sway bar- get an open end wrench and see which size fits.

turbovanmanČ
06-27-2009, 02:38 AM
I don't like Sensa-tracks so get some Gabriels or KYB's.

Get new strut mounts, they are cheap.

Get poly sway bar bushings, www.polybushings.com or Energy Suspension.