PDA

View Full Version : It ain't my TD but...

Hooty
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
I was down at the grocery store on my way home from work and I was on my way out to the car, and there was this Ricer in the parking lot standing around with his girlfriend and a couple of other people standing around talking to him. As I was walking to my car I could hear him talking about his new "exhaust system" (which I am sure only consisted of a fart can) and I casually asked him how much horsepower his car put out that he needed that large of an exhaust. His reply 'I gots enough'. I asked him about the sound and he proceeded to tell me that it sounded better than any v8. So I walked over to my T-bird (4.6L, Borla Catback exhaust, Under drives, CAI, First Gen J-chip), started it up, threw it in first, rammed my foot to the floor (mind you, I was safe about it being far enough away from all of the traffic and other cars), swung my rear end in a 360, letting the nice exhaust sound rumble out, and then pulled up slowly by him. The look on his face was priceless as I took off, spinning the tires again right in front of him. Not really a kill, mind you, but hey, something fun that happened anyway that I figured some of you guys would want to see. (BTW, looked like a Civic CRX(?)).

-Will
96 T-bird
89 Lebaron T1

WOP'R
04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
:lol:

DeckSetter
04-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Aaaaaaaaaahahhhahahhhahhhahhahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!

Dave
04-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Owned.

Shelby5150
04-30-2006, 03:26 AM
Man!! That's great stuff!!!! You know you could always make it a "TF" so your "TD" would have a new friend! I just got the latest Muscle Mustang's & Fast Fords, there's soooo many turbo kits for the 4.6L's. I used to have an 87 Turbocoupe Tbird. Handled sooo nice with the electronic ride control. That was one of my favorite cars, sure do miss it. Only hit up to 7 or 8 lbs of boost, but still had fun.

Hooty
04-30-2006, 09:29 AM
I've thought about it, but everytime I ask someone over in the ford community, it seems to be an answer of "well, the t-bird isn't really made for Turbos' etc. or "why not supercharge it?" In time I will do one or the other actually, but not yet, wanna get my lebaron running first (and there is the question of money, a new turbo kit etc would cost me way more than I have available) but we'll see.

-Will