PDA

View Full Version : NEW-2.2 OEM Mahles for sale.

turbovanmanČ
06-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Delete.

neongary
06-25-2009, 12:38 PM
The part number is 513130-020 for the 2.5 Mahles. This post is strange as it seems that if could get the 2.5 Mahles you would have already checked on that since you replied a few times in a previous post where I was looking for them. :confused:
The same post has the part number too.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38679&page=2

turbovanmanČ
07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I never kept the part number handy and having no computer except for a few minutes a day, I didn't have time to search for the 2.5 part number, :o

badandy
07-05-2009, 08:46 PM
These are still available through Mahle and have been for ever since production. I talked to them several months back for Reeves. If you have a local Advance Auto Parts they can FDO any 2.5 oversize piston you like. I can't remember what was discussed about the 2.2 Mahles...I think it was oversize only as well.

neongary
07-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Why don't any of "our" vendors jump on the bandwagon and offer them then if it's that easy? I've been looking for some for a long time and only one person has offered them and that's because he had a new old set sitting on a shelf. Maybe it's me? Even Simon blew off a sale.

badandy
07-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Why don't any of "our" vendors jump on the bandwagon and offer them then if it's that easy? I've been looking for some for a long time and only one person has offered them and that's because he had a new old set sitting on a shelf. Maybe it's me? Even Simon blew off a sale.
Believe it or not oversized stock pistons are not at all in high demand. Most that go through the trouble to bore a block go with forged pistons as it just makes more sense. So you see...it's dead inventory...even for Mahle

neongary
07-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Believe it or not oversized stock pistons are not at all in high demand. Most that go through the trouble to bore a block go with forged pistons as it just makes more sense. So you see...it's dead inventory...even for Mahle

Ah. Well that splains it. Guess you got to cater to the masses...

turbovanmanČ
07-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Even Simon blew off a sale.

Say what?

If I did, then I honestly didn't lose much, I am only making a few dollars on these pistons, no markup, :(

chilort
07-06-2009, 01:53 AM
I went with 40 over Mahles. I think it was the last set FWD Perf had in stock. I don't care what anyone says and this went against the advice of Simon (God I wish I had the link to that thread ... no offense .... okay, not much offense ...), if you're running stockish boost, save the money for other parts and go with the Mahles.

Now, Chris at TU is NOW selling forged pistons at a price of about 1/2 of what anyone was when I got my Mahles. If TU would have had this price then, I would have simply honed the block and and went for the forged. BUT, back then Chris wasn't offering them at that price and no one had forged at a price that was anywhere close to the Mahles. So I went with Mahles. These are good pistons if you aren't going to blast the crap out of them.

If you want to T&T the hell out of 'em, you are wasting your money with cast because you are likely going to blow holes in them like so many others have.

I don't mean to stir up a bunch of $h!t. I just want to say that the Mahles are great and if anyone has a line on them they are a great cast piston that can be easily ran in stockish applications with great success.

turbovanmanČ
07-06-2009, 01:56 AM
I went with 40 over Mahles. I think it was the last set FWD Perf had in stock. I don't care what anyone says and this went against the advice of Simon (God I wish I had the link to that thread ... no offense .... okay, not much offense ...), if you're running stockish boost, save the money for other parts and go with the Mahles.

Now, Chris at TU is NOW selling forged pistons at a price of about 1/2 of what anyone was when I got my Mahles. If TU would have had this price then, I would have simply honed the block and and went for the forged. BUT, back then Chris wasn't offering them at that price and no one had forged at a price that was anywhere close to the Mahles. So I went with Mahles. These are good pistons if you aren't going to blast the crap out of them.

If you want to T&T the hell out of 'em, you are wasting your money with cast because you are likely going to blow holes in them like so many others have.

I don't mean to stir up a bunch of $h!t. I just want to say that the Mahles are great and if anyone has a line on them they are a great cast piston that can be easily ran in stockish applications with great success.

Because we are buying more forged, the price comes down, simple economics, :thumb:

I say buy forged because most of us say, "yeah, I am only going to run 12 lbs of boost and baby it", next thing you know, your adding a huge turbo, mega boost and the rest is history, ;)

No offense taken. :D

neongary
07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Because we are buying more forged, the price comes down, simple economics, :thumb:

I say buy forged because most of us say, "yeah, I am only going to run 12 lbs of boost and baby it", next thing you know, your adding a huge turbo, mega boost and the rest is history, ;)

No offense taken. :D

I'm not going to be running more than 10 lbs boost, so I figured what was the point of spending twice as much for forged. Others say it makes more sense to run forged, but I have other things that I (engine-wise) would rather spend the extra cash on. If someone wants to fund my project, hell, I'll run titanium pistons.......I always smile when folks like to spend my money for me....

turbovanmanČ
07-10-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm not going to be running more than 10 lbs boost, so I figured what was the point of spending twice as much for forged. Others say it makes more sense to run forged, but I have other things that I (engine-wise) would rather spend the extra cash on. If someone wants to fund my project, hell, I'll run titanium pistons.......I always smile when folks like to spend my money for me....

I never said YOU should get them, see my last post.