PDA

View Full Version : '90-'91 SBEC harness

supercrackerbox
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Exactly how different are the SBEC wiring harnesses between the Daytonas and the LeBarons? Just wondering if a J-body harness could be made to work to increase my options.

inmyshadow
04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Not sure, but the three differences I've seen between turbo cars are this.

One, the coil was on the fender well in 90. The coil in 91 was moved to the thermostat housing. This seem to be a general thing for all turbo cars.

The second one was the fusible links in 90 went to a fuse box in 91. This only seemed to be for daytonas/lebarons. I have a 91 TI lebaron harness in storage. Also when the coil was relocated, chrysler went to a weather pack connector for the coil. Good news, MSD and Accel sell a factory style coil labelled for jeeps.

The harness connector changed for the MAP sensor. So a 90 MAP won't work with a 91 Harness. I tried that, didn't work. complete different connector. So it stands that various sensors could have different connectors.

It isn't hard to swap connectors. Most times, you don't need to do any cutting or solder. Just removing the pins and swaying connectors.

I'm not sure lebarons came with foglights, like the daytonas. If the two cars use the same headlights, then I'd say those should be the same.

Whorse
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Lebarons dont' come with foglights. The VNT Lebarons have a different dash than the VNT Daytonas because of it as well (one less switch on the Lebaron)

supercrackerbox
04-29-2006, 04:22 PM
And now that I'm thinking of it, I believe the Lebaron has one motor to open both headlamp doors as opposed to the Daytona's separate motors for each headlamp.

SO I think I'm pretty much requiring to find a Daytona harness.

Whorse
04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Yes one motor for the Lebaron. Horrible design in my opinion.

inmyshadow
04-30-2006, 03:49 AM
perhaps, but the 91 lebaron harness I have has two seperate harness' for the frontend lighting. One for each side. I remember that being part of the pain in the butt to remove it from the car.

later

And now that I'm thinking of it, I believe the Lebaron has one motor to open both headlamp doors as opposed to the Daytona's separate motors for each headlamp.

SO I think I'm pretty much requiring to find a Daytona harness.

supercrackerbox
05-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Okay, one last question. I've got lines on both a '91 TI harness and a '90 VNT harness. No SBEC yet though. Initially I'm leaning towards the VNT harness, but my question- Which, if any, would be easier to use for a TII conversion? I know the TI won't have the ACT wiring, but I don't know about the wiring for the solenoids on a VNT setup, as I've never seen a VNT that closely in person.