PDA

View Full Version : The SDAC curse is upon me.

1FastCSX289
06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Looks like the CSX will be hibernating until who knows when. The number one cylinder was dropping compression after a recent re-ring. So, I figure I would pop the head, hone it and give it one more shot. That didnt work out so well.......I took it out for a good beating and came back fogging for mosquitos. :( On a positive note, I think I took out a lot of those pesky critters on the way home. :)

So.....we'll see if the CSX is my only cursed car. Maybe the Charger can make it through an SDAC event unscathed?

slasky
06-22-2009, 09:58 PM
What happened???????

BadAssPerformance
06-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Doh! Bummer dude :(

Aries_Turbo
06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
that car needs a neon 2.0L with the turbo you have. either that or a 2.4L but i think a 2.0L would rock in that car.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-23-2009, 07:36 AM
What happened???????

Dont know. I would imagine one of the new rings let loose or something. Car still runs and drives, and it may have a lot to do with the fact that I hooked up the PCV valve, but its just belching smoke now. Thats not normal! And its apparent to me that the cylinder isnt seating right and theres something wrong with it. I dont want to have to worry about the car while at SDAC, so the charger is going to be a stress free car for a good time. Im anxious to see if I can get it in the 13's at the track anyways.

Im gonna tear down the CSX and see whats going on and make a decision as to which route I want to go. The cheapest will probably be to get another common block machined and transfer my parts over with new rings, gaskets and seals. But, I really want to go with a 16v set up and I might just do that slowly over time. In the mean time, strap the bottle on the charger and just race that car.

that car needs a neon 2.0L with the turbo you have. either that or a 2.4L but i think a 2.0L would rock in that car.

Brian

Im thinking about it. Plans are brewing. :eyebrows:

But.....right now budget is a big concern, so if I do the 16v motor, it will be a long process over a year or so.

black86glhs
06-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Scott seems to have some extra cash, have him buy the parts for you.:lol:

mark
06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
the csx is jealous of the charger... its typical when you have more than one car, they get jealous of each other and play games.

someday I will make it to sdac :(
I feel like the fat girl on a friday night, all my friends are out partying, and i'm home watching all the CSI's eating a tub of BonBons

fleckster
06-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Hitch a ride with Bucar or one of the other local! No excuses!

mark
06-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I wish i could. :( i just have way to much on my plate :(
I wanted to try and hit the WI border and get me some more Spotted Cow!

fleckster
06-23-2009, 09:27 AM
How much is on your plate that would can't bum a ride and hang out? It would probably be cheaper than hanging out at home! I have seen "special deliveries" of adult beverages and such brought to SDAC for pick up by individuals for use when they get back home!

OnLooker
06-23-2009, 10:05 AM

If you were going to be there I could snag you a 12er before I left town.

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM

F it, just come. slasky will pick you up on the way there. he can swing through gates. he is already stopping in batavia to pick me up. :) im not taking the daytona. not gonna be done enough for me to get miles on it so im riding with my wife to her work in the morning and lasky and sean are driving right by there. :)

brian

cordes
06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear that Sean. I hope you can get the charger going in time.

mark
06-23-2009, 12:02 PM
F it, just come. slasky will pick you up on the way there. he can swing through gates. he is already stopping in batavia to pick me up. :) im not taking the daytona. not gonna be done enough for me to get miles on it so im riding with my wife to her work in the morning and lasky and sean are driving right by there. :)

brian

i wish it was that easy!!!!!

slasky
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Brian is looking for another big fat guy to share his bed since Frank is not going this year.

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
im getting my own bed. :) ive had to share a bed with fat sloths for too many SDAC's. plus my back has been bothering me. it would be nice to not have to use an air mattress as they trash my back.

Brian

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2009, 01:23 PM
i wish it was that easy!!!!!

it is that easy.

step one - take vacation from work

step two - stand in driveway with beer and clothes.

step three - open door of slaskys saturn vue.

step four - sit on seat and enjoy ride to cincy.

step five - drink beer upon arrival at kens. :)

black86glhs
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
it is that easy.

step one - take vacation from work

step two - stand in driveway with beer and clothes.

step three - open door of slaskys saturn vue.

step four - sit on seat and enjoy ride to cincy.

step five - drink beer upon arrival at kens. :)You can't go wrong with advice like that.:thumb:

slasky
06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I think the SDAC curse just hit me and may have taken me out this year. I actually found the time I needed to repack the trailer bearings. When I got done one side is howling and the other side is clicking. So now I need new bearings and races and I am not sure I can even get them. I have to move all day tomorrow so I can't even check to see if I can get them tomorrow. Which leaves me thursday to get them, get the trailer back together and get everything packed and ready to go.
With the stuff I have to do for the move I really didn't have time to go in the first place. So this might have just made it so I can't go.

cordes
06-23-2009, 08:17 PM
I think the SDAC curse just hit me and may have taken me out this year. I actually found the time I needed to repack the trailer bearings. When I got done one side is howling and the other side is clicking. So now I need new bearings and races and I am not sure I can even get them. I have to move all day tomorrow so I can't even check to see if I can get them tomorrow. Which leaves me thursday to get them, get the trailer back together and get everything packed and ready to go.
With the stuff I have to do for the move I really didn't have time to go in the first place. So this might have just made it so I can't go.

Uhaul trailer?

slasky
06-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Uhaul trailer?

I would rather take mine with shot bearings than a uhaul. Also it would cost $$$$$$$ to rent it as well.

The bearing place opens at 8 tomorrow so I will get there as soon as it opens and then go pick up my Uhaul truck so I can move. If they have the bearings and my move gets done on time, I might have time to put them in tomorrow night.

cordes
06-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I would rather take mine with shot bearings than a uhaul. Also it would cost $$$$$$$ to rent it as well.

The bearing place opens at 8 tomorrow so I will get there as soon as it opens and then go pick up my Uhaul truck so I can move. If they have the bearings and my move gets done on time, I might have time to put them in tomorrow night.

Best of luck Scott. I really hope to see you there.

slasky
06-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Best of luck Scott. I really hope to see you there.

I will try. The only thing that I am concerned about is the availability of the bearings and races. My tow dolly is older than I am and I think it is home made. So getting parts for it may be an issue. However, the bearings and races have timken #s on them so it may be OK.
I canceled my 4th of July plans so I can get more moving done after SDAC. So hopefully I will be able to get stuff done in time.

bradp
06-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I will try. The only thing that I am concerned about is the availability of the bearings and races. My tow dolly is older than I am and I think it is home made. So getting parts for it may be an issue. However, the bearings and races have timken #s on them so it may be OK.
I canceled my 4th of July plans so I can get more moving done after SDAC. So hopefully I will be able to get stuff done in time.

If you have a NAPA close take the old ones and they should be able to match them up.

slasky
06-23-2009, 09:09 PM
If you have a NAPA close take the old ones and they should be able to match them up.

I have a commercial trailer place I use and also a commercial bearing place for hard to find stuff. So hopefully one of them will have them in stock.

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2009, 10:29 PM
you could always F the trailer and just drive the car there and not hammer on it like ive done in the past. just co-race seans charger. see who does better.

then youd be less stressed about breaking your car, having time to fix the trailer and having time to move your crap to the new house.

Brian

1FastCSX289
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
........or worst case, drive the SRT-4.....or your Gaytona. You cant miss SDAC because of some queer bearings. Im trailering my winter rat 8 hrs to kentucky to do this thing.......I think you can manage. Plus, if its a timken part, someone will have it around.

So......on related note, is this a sign that I should leave my bearings alone?

Sorry to hear that Sean. I hope you can get the charger going in time.

Thanks man. It just needs a new axle swapped in so, that "should" be a no brainer and im on my way.

cordes
06-23-2009, 11:24 PM
If that thing has a Timken part # on it, I don't see how a Napa or other good parts store wouldn't be able to get it in the next day in a civilized area. Heck I could probably find them around here due to all the farmers.

slasky
06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
I got up early and picked up the bearings. Then I picked up the Uhaul and now I am loading it up. Of course it is going to be almost 90 today so hopefully I will get it loaded up before the real heat hits. I should be done and have the uhaul returned by 5. Then I can work on getting the tow dolly ready.
I have accepted the fact that I will be too busy moving after SDAC to enjoy the 4th with my family. We just have too much to do that weekend for me to take off to our summer house. Even if I did not go to SDAC I still need the weekend of the 4th anyway to move. So I am in at the moment unless something else breaks.

cordes
06-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I got up early and picked up the bearings. Then I picked up the Uhaul and now I am loading it up. Of course it is going to be almost 90 today so hopefully I will get it loaded up before the real heat hits. I should be done and have the uhaul returned by 5. Then I can work on getting the tow dolly ready.
I have accepted the fact that I will be too busy moving after SDAC to enjoy the 4th with my family. We just have too much to do that weekend for me to take off to our summer house. Even if I did not go to SDAC I still need the weekend of the 4th anyway to move. So I am in at the moment unless something else breaks.

Very glad to hear that Scott. Be smart out in that heat today. I'm getting ready to head out and it's already in the mid 80's.

1FastCSX289
06-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, another day of battling the curse.......got the charger on the lift and the axle swapped out and I figured I better change that broken wheel stud, so I went to autostoned and on the way back I noticed the truck making a loud ticking.:banghead::mecry:

I dont know a lot about diesels, so I did a little listening and a little reading and figured it was the vacuum pump. 150 bucks and 3 hrs later, its fixed. Luckily I found a reman pump within a 25 min drive. Im telling you people, there IS something to the SDAC curse...... im still fighting the fight.

mark
06-24-2009, 08:51 PM
all 3 of you are bad luck

sean is always having weird stuff happen
scott seems to have better luck, just shitty luck at the wrong times.
brian ... well, is just ... HMO^infinity

i appreciate the offers to get me to sdac, but i still cant make it :(
besides, I snore like a freight train. I'd have to sleep in someones car!

bradp
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
I can only stay now until Sunday night as I am hammered with work and will have to be back Monday as we are WAY behind. I have way too many jobs going (which is not a bad thing)

Twisted Noodle
06-24-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll be leaving mid day Tuesday. I have to catch a flight Wednesday morning. I want to be home and see my kids before they go to bed Tuesday night. I haven't seen them since Sunday already and I won't be seeing them this week at all. I guess I kinda want to see my wife too... if I have to.

Aries_Turbo
06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
brian ... well, is just ... HMO^infinity

im a Health Maintenance Organization?

I just quit while im ahead of the SDAC curse. wont be done with the car in enough time to test? no problem. ill just go and hang out and relax with a few beers. :)

Brian

black86glhs
06-24-2009, 11:04 PM

I just quit while im ahead of the SDAC curse. wont be done with the car in enough time to test? no problem. ill just go and hang out and relax with a few beers. :)

Brian

Same reason I'm bringing a rental.:thumb:

Keito
06-25-2009, 07:54 AM

Brian

That saves more time for gazing anyway, that will be good for you.

Aries_Turbo
06-25-2009, 08:59 AM
ill leave the gazing to lasky. thats his territory. ;)

Brian

Bubba
06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
You guys crack me up... I hope all the so called "bad luck" changes for the better and none rubs off on me. I'm always hesitant to drive my car on extended trips like this since it doesn't get out on the road much throughout the year. This year, I hardly touched it, other than an oil change and some cooling mods.

Keito
06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
You guys crack me up... I hope all the so called "bad luck" changes for the better and none rubs off on me. I'm always hesitant to drive my car on extended trips like this since it doesn't get out on the road much throughout the year. This year, I hardly touched it, other than an oil change and some cooling mods.

I'm running mine on the dolly so if we have a breakdown someone will have to drive the Bombni.
As long as it doesn't break down we're golden.

Bubba
06-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I might need to ask someone to carry a couple of items for me at the meeting spot...Myself, my 2 kids and all our crap in my Shadow is going to make for one un-comfortable ride. Not to mention the heat.

Keito
06-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I should have room in the Envoy, or the car but I'm not meeting you guys till the Ashland exit.
Should be about 20 minutes past Lodi.

Bubba
06-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Cool. I'm sure someone will have a tad bit of extra room. I just don't want my kids to have to travel the 5 hours down with bags and folding chairs on their laps.

Twisted Noodle
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
How about this for a curse... Of all the nights I really need to get home, my ------- flight gets cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is bullshit! ---- USAIR Now I won't get into Buffalo until 11 o ------- clock in the AM.
Well, free beer at the hotel so I guess it's not a total loss...

Do me a favor and drive slow so I can catch up..lol