PDA

View Full Version : t3 Head on t2 block questions

turboz523
06-19-2009, 11:48 PM
I did a search on this trying to find out what all was necessary and found a few things but no concrete list of what was needed to make it work. I'd like to hear from some people that have done this in the past or have this setup currently and what it took to pull off. If I do this I would want to keep the distributor. Any advice would be helpful.

cordes
06-19-2009, 11:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken that is how Simon did his TIII 2.5 van. I think everything should bolt up just fine and then you just need to work on the tune due to the much higher VE.

SoCalCSX
06-20-2009, 12:38 AM
T3 gears, run the dizzy off the head or make a custom intake manifold, tune. That's all I got off the top of my head right now.

turbovanmanČ
06-20-2009, 03:30 AM
Go here-

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16425&highlight=TIII

In a nutshell, you need the complete TIII head, all the brackets, powersteering pump, ps hose, intake-exhaust manifolds, right motor mount bracket or grind the 8 valve one to clear the cam gears, all the timing belt pulleys-they are TIII specific, TIII head bolts/studs, head gasket and you either need to run the dist in the stock spot with a custom intake or off the exhaust cam. Then a custom cal is needed.

I do have some spares if you need.

Bewarned, if you don't have a complete TIII engine, it can be a royal PITA finding the little bits. I thought I had it covered but without another complete engine, I'd have been bashing my head against a wall.