PDA

View Full Version : Block in my 89 mini is toasted.. Video inside

BARRON
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
This engine looks like it has been out of the van before. I can tell because of tell tale signs like no spacers under the pass side motor mount, Victor/Dana head gasket and head bolts that have stretched and in some places MISSING threads! Also the nice pieces of 1/8" copper pipe and couplings in various places on the vacume lines is a real stunner!

Anyways the pistons slop around in the bores #1 is clacking like mad.. wrist pin or rod bearing. Big ridge at the top of the cylinder bore and the shaft in the turbo flops around like a fish on the deck and was smokin and steamn oil and water out the exhaust. WOO!

Glad I have that 2.5L CB almost done for the lebaron! .. thats gotta go in the mini.. along with the Garret T2 and big FMIC.

I gotta get me some boost!

http://media.putfile.com/van_motor <- check out the mess!!!

Dave
04-27-2006, 09:05 PM
You're a sick, sick man!!

Let's see that FMIC that you'll slap in.

The S is Silent
04-27-2006, 09:13 PM
So much for just needing a new HG. That engine has more play than Rick James!

BARRON
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
You're a sick, sick man!!

Let's see that FMIC that you'll slap in.

I am going to TRY to finish alot of it tomorrow at work but It wont be totally done till next friday.

Anyways I'll just step up the ordering process for my bearings and gaskets and.. GIDER DONE!

turbovanmanČ
04-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Holy slack batman, :eek:

Darkwolf
04-28-2006, 12:19 AM
And I thought mine was bad :).

BARRON
04-28-2006, 04:40 AM
And this is with only 75,000 miles on the odometer... something is really wierd here!

ShelbyZD
04-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Nothing weird.. stupid know it all mechnics work on TDs.. they never run again. Very common really. ;)

cordes
04-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, that whole setup is shot. Yikes! At least it did not come apart on you and ruin every thing.

BARRON
04-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I doubt they ever changed the oil.. the oil around the head bolts was like tar.. and the head has a 92' casting date so I dont know if those are even turbo valve springs! Glad I have a couple sets of them around. I am just going to install the complete 2.5L setup in that I had planned for the lebaron.. lol.. this should haul the mail!

I have on order now:

Complete gasket/seal set
Mopar head gasket/New Head Bolts
Clevite 77 Main/rod bearings
New Oil pump
IF I CANT FIND A REPLACEMENT RING then..Molly Rings (clevite-perfect circle whatever)

BARRON
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Wow, that whole setup is shot. Yikes! At least it did not come apart on you and ruin every thing.

LOL! wouldnt have mattered.. cause the whole thing WAS shot! I just bought the van for $200. Block and turbo are shot but the trans is good,the body is straight and interior 100%

$200 dont get you alot of van these days.. but throw $1000 at this whold thing and its gonna be SO sweet! You'll all see.

cordes
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
LOL! wouldnt have mattered.. cause the whole thing WAS shot! I just bought the van for $200. Block and turbo are shot but the trans is good,the body is straight and interior 100%

$200 dont get you alot of van these days.. but throw $1000 at this whold thing and its gonna be SO sweet! You'll all see.

That is good. At least it did not come as a total shock or any thing.

turbo xtc
05-09-2006, 08:17 AM
maybe some 85w90 gear oil and a few rolls of duct tape will fix it:evil: