PDA

View Full Version : Ten days to go

supercrackerbox
06-17-2009, 03:31 AM
So with just over a week left, what does everyone need to do to their cars before SDAC?

Right now my Charger is in a buddy's driveway with the top end torn off, the dash is laid across the front seats, the heater box is in the hatch, and my turbo is in my garage. I'm having a friend work on a new head since mine was cracked, and he's port matching the manifolds too. Hopefully I can get it all back together this Saturday and still have a few days to make sure everything's good before the trip.

Keito
06-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Mines not that bad, but for some reason I'm still taking it apart instead of putting it together.

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Need to make a few tuning passes. Find traction. Thats about it :thumb:

mcsvt
06-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Clean up the Durango, fix some vacuum lines (currently have an evap cel), fool with the stereo to see if I can get the sub to consistently work, change the transfercase fluid (only fluid I haven't changed yet), maybe rotate the tires... Wish I was working on the Sundance.

"Top Fuel" Bender
06-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Clean up the Durango.

I'm definetly not going to tell ou where to park anymore :(

Omni's got no suspension under it right now
dash is ripped apart with my 4th phone call to innovate trying to figure out why it would read right
gotta swap out the fuel pressure gauge (lost the needle somehow on the way to cecil)

fleckster
06-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Spirit R/T needs to have antifreeze added to the coolant and a good cleaning and detailing. I may install my new sweet powdercoated valve covers if they don't make the intake and air snorkel look too bad!

LeBaron needs to have new wiper blades installed, the A/C system converted and recharged, and also a good cleaning and detailing.

Fiancee is trying to talk me out of towing one with the truck and trailer and just drive them both down. That would same me some work in cleaning the truck not to mention the fuel cost savings.

contraption22
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Clean the Horizon, tow vehicle and trailer. Get the bottle topped off, get some race fuel, get new 5-point harness. Pack up the tools.

cordes
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
I would really like to bring my 600 this year. I need to change the ignition switch, FP, reinstall the interior, and a ton of other things I can't think of right now.

Turbo3Iroc
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Take car out of garage and roll on trailer.

Good luck getting your car back together.

slasky
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
take car out of garage and roll on trailer.

Good luck getting your car back together.

+1 :)

turboshad
06-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Redo center gauge console, polish, install audiable knock sensor, put on new drivers door, run fuel tank vent line and fill with gas. I don't think the chromoly contol arms will be together. :(

Clay
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Ive gotta button up the vacuum system on the GLHT, then drive it some. Might try to find some new tires, fronts are shot.

I need to get the GLHS out a bit and drive it as well. Should be good to go I hope.

minigts
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Balance some coolant/water mixture and I should be good to go.

1FastCSX289
06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, I made the last minute decision to rip the engine apart to fix a cylinder with low compression. Im hoping to have it done by Monday and then test it all out and ready to roll for friday. As long as everything goes well, ill be ready to rock. If not, I have to get an axle shaft in my charger and bring that instead.