PDA

View Full Version : L body pillar pods ?

87 charger
12-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if someone makes them ? Or can you make something work ? I have seen the universal dash pods,but I would much rather have the pillar mounted pods.
Thanks

altered7151
12-26-2005, 12:52 PM
FWD performance sells them.

Marcus86GLHS
12-26-2005, 12:57 PM
http://www.gaugepods.com/

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/632000-632999/632619_41_full.jpg

87 charger
12-26-2005, 02:06 PM
THANKS GUYS !!
:thumb:

GLHS592
12-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Marcus, is that one made for an L-body? I have one from FWD Perf. and it doesn't fit near as good as your's looks like it does.

Marcus86GLHS
12-26-2005, 03:54 PM
yes its the one from Lotek at the link above.

i was happy w/ the fit because not only was the width a perfect "snap-on fit", but when you position it along the pillar so that the unit's pre-drilled hole lines up with the factory screw on the pillar the lower pod rests exactly on top of the dash so that all the wiring going up to the gauges can be hidden, here this pix sorta shows that:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/632000-632999/632619_47_full.jpg

Rebel Rob
12-26-2005, 05:50 PM
I can't find the L-body pillar pod or any on the site.. just a custom application ... am I dumb or just can't find it.....Rob

Marcus86GLHS
12-26-2005, 06:55 PM
"...I can't find the L-body pillar pod or any on the site.."

try here:

http://www.gaugepods.com/dodge.html

GLHNSLHT2
12-26-2005, 07:56 PM
The problem with that Lotek gauge is it's made for a 2 door Lbody that has the a-pillar sloped back at a steeper angle. So in a 4 door the gauges point at the roof. I used a 79-93 Fox body stang pod from Autometer and trimmed what I needed too. Looks just as good and you can put the screw hole in the factory spot. 2 door car, go lotek. 4 door use the mudstain pod.

Marcus86GLHS
12-27-2005, 06:58 AM
"....So in a 4 door the gauges point at the roof......"

it might appear that way in a pix but the gauge angle is perfect to the driver's eye, i am 5-11 and the angle is perfect....this unit is excellent for all L-body cars i'd recommend it.

87glhs232
12-27-2005, 11:50 PM
the unit's pre-drilled hole lines up with the factory screw on the pillar the lower pod rests exactly on top of the dash so that all the wiring going up to the gauges can be hidden

It rests on the dash? Will there be dash paint rubbed off or dash material worn through in the future? Looks good, I'd like one. But if it rests on something and it rubs it, I'd have to pass. I'm just anal that way.

Oh and I like the floor mats-where did they come from?

Marcus86GLHS
12-28-2005, 07:12 AM
"...Will there be dash paint rubbed off or dash material worn through in the future? ..."

the lower pod sits just above the dashpad and i wouldnt think there would be any relative movement between the pod and the dash but maybe if the pod was painted there might be some transfer over time, i dont know, i kept mine unpainted.

the floor mats were in a box from the previous owner, i tossed the box but i believe these are from a Ford vendor and are designed for a shelby mustang, if you want i can dig thru my files and see if i can re-locate the supplier name.

btw the matts might look good but functionaly they suck as the backside is smooth, very smooth so much that they constanty slide around, i use these for show and dont drive around with them too much.

87glhs232
12-28-2005, 11:37 PM
"...Will there be dash paint rubbed off or dash material worn through in the future? ..."

the lower pod sits just above the dashpad and i wouldnt think there would be any relative movement between the pod and the dash but maybe if the pod was painted there might be some transfer over time, i dont know, i kept mine unpainted.

the floor mats were in a box from the previous owner, i tossed the box but i believe these are from a Ford vendor and are designed for a shelby mustang, if you want i can dig thru my files and see if i can re-locate the supplier name.

btw the matts might look good but functionaly they suck as the backside is smooth, very smooth so much that they constanty slide around, i use these for show and dont drive around with them too much.
Thanks. Don't go through the trouble of digging up info. They just looked cool. No sliding mats for me!

BigAl
12-29-2005, 12:43 AM
The floor mats look like the ones from Branda Performance. And to stop sliding you can put the rough half of a peice of velcro on the backside of them, itll stick to the carpet.