PDA

View Full Version : Ding Dong! Hi, It's Konis!!!

fleckster
04-27-2006, 12:26 PM
The door bell just rang and it was UPS. My rear Koni shocks finally showed up today! Now that they are here with the front Struts I got in last week, the suspension is about ready to be upgraged on my Spirit R/T. I would be able to start putting them on if my used Eibach springs I purchased were done at the power coater. I guess I need to get on the phone and find out how they are progressing! More updates to come...

Chris Faulk
05-06-2006, 11:22 AM
The door bell just rang and it was UPS. My rear Koni shocks finally showed up today! Now that they are here with the front Struts I got in last week, the suspension is about ready to be upgraged on my Spirit R/T. I would be able to start putting them on if my used Eibach springs I purchased were done at the power coater. I guess I need to get on the phone and find out how they are progressing! More updates to come...

Man you are definately going to like how the Spirit responds to the upgrades. My last R/T with the 8v motor was a totally different car after the Koni's and Eibach's were installed. I also did (at the same time) the added rear sway bar (biggest improvement), poly bushings, strut tower bar, and boxed in rear panhard bar.

I like Ninja's too. :thumb:

I have all of the above on my new white R/T, minus the Koni's. I've got to save a bit more to get those.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/go-to73/1991%20Spirit%20RT/side-view2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/go-to73/1991%20Spirit%20RT/side-view1.jpg

looneytuner
05-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey Chris, you remember Pogo comic strip??? I forgot the characters were Cajun. My wife got an old copy of " I go Pogo" for xmas a couple years ago.

fleckster
05-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Chris, I could only barely swing the money for the Konis and Eibachs. The rest will have to wait. But I'll get them eventually. If I didn't have to wait on one of my buddies who is taking care of getting the used Eibachs powdercoated for me, I'd already have them on the car!

Where do you think I stole the idea of putting the Ninjas on a Spirit R/T in the first place? :eyebrows:

Chris Faulk
05-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey Chris, you remember Pogo comic strip??? I forgot the characters were Cajun. My wife got an old copy of " I go Pogo" for xmas a couple years ago.

I think I remember it...too bad I'm not Cajun wouldn't you say?! :D

There are actually very few people in my area that are *real* Cajuns even though I live smack in the middle of what's considered Cajun-country.

Chris Faulk
05-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Chris, I could only barely swing the money for the Konis and Eibachs. The rest will have to wait. But I'll get them eventually. If I didn't have to wait on one of my buddies who is taking care of getting the used Eibachs powdercoated for me, I'd already have them on the car!

Where do you think I stole the idea of putting the Ninjas on a Spirit R/T in the first place? :eyebrows:

Mr. High-baller shot-caller?! :lol: :eyebrows: I know the feeling man...I spent a portion of my yearly bonus on car suspension parts. :o Spiva cut me a nice deal when I bought the parts from him. I got a bunch of bushings, motor mounts, bobble strut, and rear sway bar and was surprised when he cut me some slack. Nice guy for sure!

I'm now only waiting on strut tower bar, and Koni's.

The rear sway bar is hard to justify until you actually install it...then it becomes well worth the money spent. Same as the wideband I bought last night. Hurt the pocketbook big-time, but once installed it will pay for itself saving mostly NS1 R/T parts from getting scattered all over the road. :amen:

Was it when we met at SDAC-12 that you saw the Ninja's on my red 8-valve car?