PDA

View Full Version : how far!!!

T-Bohn
06-15-2009, 08:03 PM
how about a "how far are your traveling to go to the SDAC!!"

I will start...

I leave westbrook Ct. (home) drive to hartford Ct. on the 21st... get on a airplane fly to Ga. then new plane to Phoenix Az.

There i get to pick up my car which for the record i have not seen or driven yet...It's maiden voyage will be a road trip to Kansas then to Cinn. for the show!!

shake down happens on the road!! I am not worried I will be in good hands...

The biggest problem will be that I can't bring any toys with me... mini bike or gokart, motorcycle... so I will have to bum rides at the show to see what kind of trouble i can get my self into...

Girlfriend has put me on formal notice "no trips to the emergency room"

skinned elbows to follow

where are you guys trippin' from??

BadAssPerformance
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Leaving on the morning of the 27th from Chicago :thumb:

mcsvt
06-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Coming from NYC, looks to be about 11hrs and 650 miles each way.

R/T
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Takes me 20 minutes to get to the hotel...... :(

Has to be at least 15 miles......:p

fleckster
06-17-2009, 11:21 AM
137 miles to the hotel (just under 2.5hrs) but we are coming down on Friday to Ken's place and that's another 15 to 20 minutes.

contraption22
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
According to Google Maps it's 578 miles, 9 hours 31 minutes to the hotel. I figure to call it 11 hours with fuel and potty stops.

turboshad
06-17-2009, 03:15 PM
According to Google Maps it's ....

1926 miles. Leaving the morning of Wed. the 24th.

CSX321
06-18-2009, 12:19 AM
This is the closest SDAC ever for me, 4 hours and 39 minutes according to Google. It's actually closer than Waukegan was from down here in Southern IL.

Twisted Noodle
06-18-2009, 12:52 AM
471 miles if I left from my house. I'll be driving around and meeting up with some folk so I don't know. It will end up being longer than that. After where they have been sending me for my job lately, a 7 or 8 hour drive will be cake.
I am looking forward to the trip. I'll give me some quality time with the SL that I haven't really had yet. Sort of a shakedown run. I enjoy roadtrips.

...of course it isn't a 1926 mile hike. Turboshad I admire your dedication

contraption22
06-18-2009, 09:13 AM
1926 miles. Leaving the morning of Wed. the 24th.

You rock! Glad you are driving out.

turboshad
06-18-2009, 10:12 AM
You rock! Glad you are driving out.

It should be a fun trip. I'll be meeting up with Mike_M in Regina Saskatchewan and then just another 1440 miles to go :)

cordes
06-18-2009, 11:40 AM
It should be a fun trip. I'll be meeting up with Mike_M in Regina Saskatchewan and then just another 1440 miles to go :)

That is awesome!

It is only 236 miles from me, and I will be heading out early Sunday morning from Indy so it will be a breeze.

turbojerk
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
450 miles for me. I'm leaving Friday after work with Kyle, CrAzY Mark and PJ and staying over night in P-burg and hang out with the SW-SDAC crue. Leaving early Saturday morning to finish out the trip.

Looks like the CSX is going to have some miles put on it this year...

DC Turismo
06-18-2009, 02:08 PM
450 miles for me. I'm leaving Friday after work with Kyle, CrAzY Mark and PJ and staying over night in P-burg and hang out with the SW-SDAC crue. Leaving early Saturday morning to finish out the trip.

Looks like the CSX is going to have some miles put on it this year...

:clap: 'Lil Jon yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We'll be leaving Saturday morning around 8:00 AM to meet up with the Buckeye guys en route to the hotel.

86Shelby
06-18-2009, 02:33 PM
It's about 850 miles from Nebraska, plan to get there Saturday morning after a pit stop for sleep.

Clay
06-18-2009, 02:54 PM
That is awesome!

It is only 236 miles from me, and I will be heading out early Sunday morning from Indy so it will be a breeze.

SUNDAY?????? what about Saturday?!

moparman76_69
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Thats what I'm saying. I'll be leaving Indy sat. morning either early (6ish) to try and catch that auto-x johnny will be at or if I have to bum a ride then whenever brad leaves.

mcsvt
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that Clay...

BIGBRUDDA
06-18-2009, 03:16 PM
It may only be 6 miles for me...................................but it'll have taken 53 years, 19 cars,untold busted knuckles, burnt fingers ,and wasted money to get there!!!!!:amen:

ALAS VALHALLA !!!:hail:

cordes
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM

I will be able to avoid a ton of dog boarding problems if I set out from Indy on Sunday morning. My mom was origninally going to watch it for the whole weekend, but her plans changed and she won't be at her place until really late Saturday night. :( It is only a little over 2 hrs. to the car show area from what I have seen though so I should be there bright and early.

fleckster
06-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Bring the dog...Franzen did before!

cordes
06-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I doubt Alex and Fino would want the thing sleeping in the room with us. Also, these things are very sensitive to heat and walking around the parking lot in the heat of the day could be enough to do it in apparently.

Turbo3Iroc
06-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey Gene, nice meeting you at the show last week!

We seem to have a bigger group than normal pulling long hauls this year!

My trip should clock in at a measly 1600 mles.

Gaboon
06-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Leaving the morning of the 26th from Montreal.

jonnyb
06-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Yup - google maps puts me at 801 miles from my house to the host hotel. I plan on leaving around 11 AM Friday morning and should be there 1 AM on Saturday.

14 hour drive with only stops for fuel - potty stops aren't needed (picture Dumb and Dumber and beware of any offers from me for free warm beer and/or lemonade...LOL!).

bfarroo
06-20-2009, 10:19 PM
500 miles from Green Bay

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2009, 01:05 AM
I doubt Alex and Fino would want the thing sleeping in the room with us. Also, these things are very sensitive to heat and walking around the parking lot in the heat of the day could be enough to do it in apparently.

what kind of ball-gazer dog did you get that its sensitive to heat? ;)

leaving friday morning from western NY. hitching a ride to my wifes work friday morning so that i can get picked up by lasky or sean as they pass by on the way to sdac as i dont trust my daytona yet to make the trip and the kcar still has a busted trans cause i focused on the daytona. oh well. ill be there, thats all that matters to me! :)

Brian

cordes
06-21-2009, 01:07 AM
what kind of ball-gazer dog did you get that its sensitive to heat? ;)

Brian

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/857/medium/meanddog.JPG

She is a Neapolitan Mastiff. She doesn't look that big in the pic, but she is over 100lbs. and still growing.

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2009, 01:09 AM
a big ball-gazing dog ;)

Brian

cordes
06-21-2009, 01:11 AM
a big ball-gazing dog ;)

Brian

Pretty much. The drool that comes off of this big ball-gazing dog is unreal. That last sentence makes me uncomfortable.

Aries_Turbo
06-21-2009, 02:12 PM
hehe :)

30 PSI SHADOW
06-22-2009, 12:13 PM
850 miles for me. Leaving at 6:30am friday. I will be using interstate 90 from albany to buffalo. Anyone want to caravan let me know,and i can shoot you me cell....

Aries_Turbo
06-22-2009, 12:32 PM
we'll be on 90 too but i dunno if youll be on there the same time as us. we'll be leaving rochester between 8 and 9am friday. we'll probably be ahead of you.... maybe lol.

Brian

Twisted Noodle
06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
hitching a ride to my wifes work friday morning so that i can get picked up by lasky or sean as they pass by on the way to sdac as i dont trust my daytona yet to make the trip and the kcar still has a busted trans cause i focused on the daytona. oh well. ill be there, thats all that matters to me! :)

Brian

I might need a co pilot, or possibly for you to drive. My flight doesn't get in until 11:30pm. I won't be home until 12:30 or so. Then to get up at 6:00.
Might have a hard time keeping my eyes peeled open. lol

Aries_Turbo
06-22-2009, 07:42 PM
dont get up at 6am. get up at 9am cause we wont pass through there till at least 10am. i can help though.

Brian

2.216VTurbo
06-23-2009, 12:38 AM
2381.52 miles from Mission Viejo... Another damn plane ride and no good rental prospects in site.:mad:.. I'll tow something out next year

86Shelby
06-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Weaksauce. ;) I was really hoping to see your Rampage or GLHS.

J&G_BlueGLH
06-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Looks like we've got 500 miles and a little over 8 hours w/out stops.

cordes
06-23-2009, 10:16 AM
2381.52 miles from Mission Viejo... Another damn plane ride and no good rental prospects in site.:mad:.. I'll tow something out next year

Perhaps you could borrow Forza's Challenger, recreate the movie vanishing point, do all the normal No2 stuff in the parking lot and make it back to cali with time to spare?

To make it official, I bet you $5 you can't make it. :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
06-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Perhaps you could borrow Forza's Challenger, recreate the movie vanishing point, do all the normal No2 stuff in the parking lot and make it back to cali with time to spare?

To make it official, I bet you $5 you can't make it. :thumb:

I talked to Forza yesterday, tried some arm twisting to get him to make SDAC. He says he doesn't like to 'spectate' I can confirm that because 99% of the time he shows up with a purpose built car for the meet (no matter what kinda meet it is!) and drives the wheels off the thing (or punches a hole in the trans:p)

How about you start another thread Brian, betting Forza $100 that he won't show up. About the only thing he can't pass on is a bet/challenge:eyebrows: I'll cover the bet if he shows;)

mcsvt
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I'd help cover that bet to see one of his cars and meet him.

Aries_Turbo
06-23-2009, 01:18 PM
id help cover the bet too! green GLHS! bring it!

contraption22
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Looks like we've got 500 miles and a little over 8 hours w/out stops.

Are you driving or trailering out? When are you leaving?

mcsvt
06-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Just got a message from Jenn they are bringing the GLH in the enclosed trailer! (Like I need to talk for her, ha...) Love that car, only L-body I've ever ridden in.

cordes
06-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I talked to Forza yesterday, tried some arm twisting to get him to make SDAC. He says he doesn't like to 'spectate' I can confirm that because 99% of the time he shows up with a purpose built car for the meet (no matter what kinda meet it is!) and drives the wheels off the thing (or punches a hole in the trans:p)

How about you start another thread Brian, betting Forza $100 that he won't show up. About the only thing he can't pass on is a bet/challenge:eyebrows: I'll cover the bet if he shows;)

I've officially called him out.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510671#post510671

2.216VTurbo
06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
F'n airlines are a racket:mad: The surgery that I *had* to be back home for on Tuesday the 30th (meant I'd miss Monday Drag racing) just pushed back a day. Sooo to make use of that extra day I thought I'd push my return back a day. How about a buttload of fees from Delta/Travelocity:mad: $180. Delta "Change fee", $37. Travelocity "change fee" , and guess what, because it is short notice, the new trip is $300. more than what a I paid a couple weeks ago:mad:

So I asked what would happen if I just happen to 'miss my flight' coming back?;) $50. fee and they put me on standby for the next flight. OK, not so bad, but this only works if you travel THE SAME DAY! It it were the next day, you lose your entire return flight "credit" and you have to purchse a new flight. Oh, and thats prolly north of $1000. to do that same day, didn't even ask:(

J&G_BlueGLH
06-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Just got a message from Jenn they are bringing the GLH in the enclosed trailer! (Like I need to talk for her, ha...) Love that car, only L-body I've ever ridden in.

Thats correct, thanks for stepping in there Gary! :)

Mike - we're leaving Saturday morning, maybe around 6am or so, Id like to be there around 4pm or so. Says about 8 hrs and 19 mins from our house to the hotel, but Im planning on about 10 since we'll have the Ram and the Trailer, and stops for gas, etc. We'll have Greg's GLH.. glad you like it Gary! I do too! :thumb: Thats awesome thats the only L-body you've ever ridden in! Hopefully mine will make its first appearance at Carlisle next year and you can have your 2nd L-body ride. :nod:

ShelbyTC16v
06-24-2009, 10:52 AM

Mission Viejo...hey that's where Jan Michael Vincent broke his neck in 1996.

turboshad
06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Leaving for SDAC in 3.......2.........1...............1926 miles and counting. See ya all there. :D

DJ

2.216VTurbo
06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Mission Viejo...hey that's where Jan Michael Vincent broke his neck in 1996.

Umkay Bill, I'm gonna take your word on that one... Lived here 15+ years and never heard any local 'lore' about it. Too bad I wasn't in the spine biz back then;)

cordes
06-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Umkay Bill, I'm gonna take your word on that one... Lived here 15+ years and never heard any local 'lore' about it. Too bad I wasn't in the spine biz back then;)

I actually googled it since it seemed to be such an obscure reference. He's right.

Clay
06-24-2009, 05:53 PM
eh, drop the pooch off at my parents (vets) in Terre Haute on your way...... ;) Ill get you a GOOD discount :)

I will be able to avoid a ton of dog boarding problems if I set out from Indy on Sunday morning. My mom was origninally going to watch it for the whole weekend, but her plans changed and she won't be at her place until really late Saturday night. :( It is only a little over 2 hrs. to the car show area from what I have seen though so I should be there bright and early.

Clay
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I'll tow something out next year

I think this makes the 3rd time Ive heard that..............

cordes
06-24-2009, 06:29 PM
eh, drop the pooch off at my parents (vets) in Terre Haute on your way...... ;) Ill get you a GOOD discount :)

Do your parents really have a kennel?

Clay
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Yup. They can board like 150 dogs at one time. :)

cordes
06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Yup. They can board like 150 dogs at one time. :)

Wow, I did not know that. I will keep them in mind for the next time I need someone and I'm passing through that way.

2.216VTurbo
06-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I think this makes the 3rd time Ive heard that..............

Yeah well *if* the Vegas SDAC were happen next year, I would drive out.:amen: Despite attempts to garner support from Team Shelby managment prospects look pretty bleak. Another casualty of our pathetic econmy:(

stealthydave
06-25-2009, 12:15 PM
I think I may win the "Least Miles Driven" award. The hotel is about 3 miles from my house. :) So for the first time in several years, I will actually be attending this year! I'm still here lurking in the shadows. Can't wait to see the shirt printed this year, the design turned out pretty cool!

sdac guy
06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I think I may win the "Least Miles Driven" award. The hotel is about 3 miles from my house. :) So for the first time in several years, I will actually be attending this year! I'm still here lurking in the shadows. Can't wait to see the shirt printed this year, the design turned out pretty cool!The shirt came out on the dark side (the black's fault), it will look best after a wash or two. The plaques are really a disaster this year, but that is a whole other story. :nod:

Barry

stealthydave
06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
The shirt came out on the dark side (the black's fault), it will look best after a wash or two. The plaques are really a disaster this year, but that is a whole other story. :nod:

Barry

Sorry to hear that! I thought the PDF would have done the trick for the plaques this year. I tried to add enough highlights in the black areas so as not to have it be too dark. But like you said, after a couple washes it will help.

BIGBRUDDA
06-25-2009, 02:59 PM
You goin to Kens friday? I'll set out motion detectors so we can actually SEE you arrive.
I'll be settin up the "OVC hospitality Gazeebo":welcome: fri afternoon at the drawbridge back lot. prolly sneak in the pool,:clap2: then on to Kens.

stealthydave
06-25-2009, 03:01 PM
You goin to Kens friday? I'll set out motion detectors so we can actually SEE you arrive.
I'll be settin up the "OVC hospitality Gazeebo":welcome: fri afternoon at the drawbridge back lot. prolly sneak in the pool,:clap2: then on to Kens.

I will definitely be at Edgewater friday night. Since I work up here in Harrison, its right around the corner. :) As far as Kens, I'd like to, it just depends on how much stuff I can get taken care of tonight.

sdac guy
06-25-2009, 04:48 PM
If you can't make Ken's Dave, be sure to pass off those items to James or someone while you're at Edgewater. Gotta have them Friday night unless you will be at the motel by about 9am Saturday.

Thanks, Barry

Vigo
06-25-2009, 05:27 PM
~1300 miles for me, if the old dakota makes it :/

stealthydave
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
If you can't make Ken's Dave, be sure to pass off those items to James or someone while you're at Edgewater. Gotta have them Friday night unless you will be at the motel by about 9am Saturday.

Thanks, Barry

No problem. Thats the plan. If I can't make it to Ken's, the maps definitely will. :)

mcsvt
06-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Only a few more hours till go time. What would a vacation be with out a crazy day before leaving...

Vigo
07-01-2009, 01:55 PM
well, i drove 19 hrs straight to get there, and it took 23.5 hours of straight driving to get home, but i let my fiancee get a few hours in on that drive.

I will have to save the '1 man driving 24 hours straight' feat for the next one!

~3k miles round trip on a rusty 227k mile 96 dakota. If i'd been able to stay for monday and run my 17.7 too i'da called it a miracle to arrive back in texas in one piece at 5:30am.

minigts
07-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Guaranteed, you guys got this one. :) Glad you both came out and great to meet the both of you. Next time I drive cross country, I'm coming through to visit, NO EXCUSES! :p

Twisted Noodle
07-01-2009, 03:01 PM
MiniGTS it was great meeting you this past weekend. Your ride is very nice.

There were so many nice cars there this weekend. It gave me a lot of ideas for what I want with my Lancer. I am happy that my SL made the 520 mile trip there and back without any problems. Next year it is coming on a trailer so I can race it. Slacky had the perfect example when he snapped an axle. Luckily it was a fast easy fix, but in case it wasn't he still had a way for it to get home. You never know what can happen.

minigts
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM

There were so many nice cars there this weekend. It gave me a lot of ideas for what I want with my Lancer. I am happy that my SL made the 520 mile trip there and back without any problems. Next year it is coming on a trailer so I can race it. Slacky had the perfect example when he snapped an axle. Luckily it was a fast easy fix, but in case it wasn't he still had a way for it to get home. You never know what can happen.

It was great to meet you too! Yours was the one with the bad alternator, right? Yeah, good to meet people, put names to faces, etc. :thumb: Thanks for the compliments, btw. Going to have more cool things done to it by next year for sure.

Twisted Noodle
07-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Yep bad Alt. BTW get your License plate lights fixed!! lol

cordes
07-01-2009, 03:45 PM

That sounds like a good plan. Hopefully you won't go Larry style and have your tow vehicle break down. Nothing like driving all the way from Kansas every year and breaking down the one time you tow.

I would add that I am really impressed with all those who made the long haul to make it this year. It definitely reaffirms to me the fact that I won't be able to claim SDAC is ever too far when there are people driving 1926mi one way to make it out. :thumb:

minigts
07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Yep bad Alt. BTW get your License plate lights fixed!! lol

hahahaha That or have Sean NOT race down the street and have the cops chase after him into the parking lot. 4 people told me about and said the cop was going to bust the next Charger he saw....GREAT!

cordes
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
hahahaha That or have Sean NOT race down the street and have the cops chase after him into the parking lot. 4 people told me about and said the cop was going to bust the next Charger he saw....GREAT!

As your attorney I still advise you to drive as fast as possible, and not speak to the police if questioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dtnBUzewU

86Shelby
07-02-2009, 04:24 PM
1908 miles round trip including driving to all the events and the rally. Only casualty was a vacuum line which was a 60 second repair. Not too shabby for a Spirit R/T with 205k miles on it.

Vigo
07-02-2009, 05:41 PM
holy crap somebody's new avatar is a LOT funnier than the last one.:thumb:

cordes
07-02-2009, 06:00 PM
holy crap somebody's new avatar is a LOT funnier than the last one.:thumb:

I thought looking over the windshield of a Prowler was funny, but it's got nothing on the new one.

turboshad
07-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I got home on Friday and my total mileage for the whole trip including driving around at SDAC was about 4,660 miles. :D Not bad for a car that started the trip with about 1900 miles since it was built.

Twisted Noodle
07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
.. I'll say it again, I admire your dedication. I saw your car and I have to say that I'm not surprised it made it.

Keito
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM
I got home on Friday and my total mileage for the whole trip including driving around at SDAC was about 4,660 miles. :D Not bad for a car that started the trip with about 1900 miles since it was built.

Time for another oil change.