PDA

View Full Version : A SV Q I hope not too stupid to answer?

Terry Again
04-27-2006, 07:34 AM
I have a 85 GTS 5 speed and know of a Mitsu 2 1/2" SV would this work on a Garret? I'm poor and can get the MItsu real cheap,like for free maybe? So that's the reason I ask! :lol: Just curious, has anyone put a 2 1/2" SV on a 85 and run theough emmissions test with out the EGR on it? Pass or no pass that is the Question!:)
Thanks for any replies and don't laugh or beat up on me because,

I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse!!
Terry:lol:

GLHSKEN
04-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Will not work on a garret.

Tony Hanna
04-28-2006, 07:56 AM
I've been in that situation myself before. Trying to gain a little extra performance on a budget of $0...
As Ken said, the Mitsu swingvalve won't fit the Garrett turbo, but it doesn't have to end there. A die grinder, a little time and effort, and some patience, and you can improve the flow of your 2.25" swingvalve for free by porting it yourself. Just be careful not to remove too much metal or it will crack.

PupTruk
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Terry, don't sweat the stupid questions-------the longer I live, I've found they are the only ones I can get answers to.:>)

Alberta_Daytona
04-29-2006, 02:44 PM
If you got a welder, and a grinder, you can make it fit :).

Terry Again
05-04-2006, 08:20 AM
No welder or welding skills,no die grinder or bits or air compresser to power it, Besides I fear trying to get the SV lose with out the traditional breaking of the bolts!!:lol: I could only wish I was as slick and knowing as you guys are!! People like me mess up the learning curve!!
Has anyone with a 85 tried useing the 2 1/2' sv AND GONE THROUGH THE EMISSION TEST?? wAS IT A PASS OR FAIL??
jUST CURIOUS HERE
Terry:amen:

cordes
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
The SV should not effect emmisions at all.