PDA

View Full Version : Wiper arm broke off motor

fuforums
04-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I went to walmart and bought new blades tonight in the rain. Just got this car outta storage and got it all running good. Boosting solide spinning tires, sounds pretty good. Put the blades on and it was sweet. New blades work so well. 5 minutes later I hear a clunk and the wipers stopped.

I pull into the gas station (pouring rain) and find that the arm fell off the motor on the back, of course where it's hard to reach or see. Seems like the plastic washer rotted off. So, I had to drive home with NEW wipers but they didn't work. It sucked.

Is this a normal thing? Should I just pull the motor or is there something special I need? I didn't feel a screw head and am wondering if it's some sort of compression fitting or something. Easy fix?

joe

looneytuner
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
It's a snap fitting. HELP products makes a replacement for a couple bucks. You just have to pull the plastic cowl cover off to get to it.

Turbodave
04-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah, it's a plastic piece that is on almost all mopars since the 70's.

fuforums
04-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Sweet.

I'll check it tomorrow. Should have gone today but it was so nice outside I just had to drive. Probably wont' rain for a while. Hopefully...

Thanks for the replies.