PDA

View Full Version : Where's the wire?

85_600
04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
In the pin swap guide for the T2 conversion, the first step says:

Move Pin #4 on the BLUE connector (Black/Orange or Pink) to Pin #9 on the RED connector (Just cut the old Orange/Green wire. It's useless on the T2 swap part)

Now, on the pin out guide over at Mini Mopar, the RED connector for the 87 LM I'm using, Pin #9 is White/Orange, and says it's for the "Speed/Distance Sensor Signal".....

So, where is the Orange/Green wire, OR, better yet, is this just a typo and it really is the SDS sensor wire I'm cutting.

Here is the link for the 87 LM - So you can see Pin #9 and what it says it is:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/ecu/lm-1987-t2.html

Thanks!
Paul

GLHSKEN
04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Do not cut. the 86 electronics need that wire moved from blue to red. The 86 pinout is the one you should be looking at. There is no wire in the 86 #9 cavity red. GOING FROM MEMORY HERE. nothing will need to be cut.

85_600
04-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I think I made a boo boo when reading this guide then :o Nothing has been cut yet, but I was thinking that this was moving pins from the 86 LM pin locations to the connector on the 87 LM...

Basically, all I'm doing is just moving pins on the 86 (in my case the 85) LM, and just using the spare pins I have to do so....

When looking at the pin out guides then, and reading the pin moving guide, just use the 86 connector pics? Is that right? Geez I hope so...:o

BTW: The rest of the pin and wire swaps is cake for me. I completely understand those.

85_600
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Just a rehash...This should be like so:

Move Pin #4 on the Blue Connector (Black/orange or pink) on the 86 LM to Pin #9 on the Red Connector on the 86 LM(Just cut the old orange/green wire it's useless on the T2 Swap part)