PDA

View Full Version : well she bit the dust!!!!!!!!

turbocolt2.4L
06-10-2009, 05:58 AM
put the colt on dyno sunday to do a little tuning with the new turbo (precision 67/65) off the rip we got 589 rwhp from the same boost level of 27psi and it was rich ten-o's air/fuel made a few pulls pushed alittle water from overflow bottle ,took out t-stat did a leak down test no bubbles in rad so we made a lite pull all was good made a 27psi pull and the oilgalley plug from the back of motor spit out at almost 8000rpm rite at the end of pull so needless to say all 5 qrts of oil on floor,pulled the engine out all the rod bearing and crank toast and the pistons are cracked between the holes in the groove for the oilcontrol rings.so i will be building a new bullet sooner than i wanted to what pistons are you using? I would like something bullet proof gonna do all i wanted to do on this build possibly a singlestage wet sump oil system,ATI dampner with keyway cut in crank, DCR srtap kit on bedplate.

BadAssPerformance
06-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Ouch! :( good power before kaboom

Darkapollo
06-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Geeze! nice power though. REALLY nice power.

2.216VTurbo
06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
:( That sucks! Question though, do you think the cracks in the piston skirts are related to the instant oil pressure drop or is that a separate issue? Can you post the dyno plot so we can all enjoy it?:eyebrows:

cordes
06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Nice numbers, but sorry to hear about the motor. That must be a real downer.

turbocolt2.4L
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
i think the cracks were there before oil pressure drop i had a bad case of blowby when i was doing my nhra license runs 1/2 quart after a pass i was planning on building a new engine over the winter but quess ill be building one sooner dont forget this engine has been in 2 cars in the past 6 years i did do a refresh last year rings/bearing but honestly didnt look the pistons over cus the rods were on them when i removed the rods the cracks were in plan site so with a fresh engine we should make more power!!!!!!!

turbovanmanČ
06-12-2009, 04:00 AM
That sucks but

:needpics1: :eyebrows: